2008 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( Japanese) TREASURE

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yamazues: On the one hand, you acknowledge the utter fantasy and scams of this. Ie.: how it's just "Raiders of the Lost Ark" type-treasure-lore gone awry. And outright scams preying on people vulnerabilities of treasure fever.

But then you turn right around and lend credence to all the very same things. And give the "90%" statistic. The only problem there is, that even if you made that 99%, you are still giving EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE ghost-story-telephone game "a way out". What I mean is, that when "the faithful" see 90 or 99% , they therefore can't dismiss ANY of it. Afterall, "what if the map they're being offered for sale is the 10% or 1% ?"

It's along the lines of this logical fallacy: Someone can acknowledge the human nature of "telephone game". So they give the following platitude: "It's a matter of separating fact from fiction" (of whatever the details of the particular legend-at-hand-is).

But what this fails to realize, if the all the "facts" of the story are true (names, dates, movements, robberies, etc...) yet the *final* fact isn't true (whether or not there's actually a treasure), then .... it doesn't matter that the other 99% is "true". Sort of like rat poison: Rat poison is 99% good grain. But none of that matters for the rat. The final 1% is poison that kills you. So the fact that the other 99% is "true", doesn't matter.

Maybe I'm just a kill-joy, but the minute I see booby traps, poisons, insane depths, and "big bad govt." and mysterious photos that no one can ever substantiate (seen in supermarket tabloids), the skeptical nature kicks in.

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not my problem Tom. And I don't tell people they don't have any treasure at there sites or they are being scammed. Not my problem. If they have signs they want translated correctly, then I help. That's it. You know why? Makes people angry. Let me put it this way...'Been there, done that' already. Once I went up into the mountains of Bukidnon, Mindanao(rebel and bandit area). A friend said she knew someone with a gold bar for sale. I figured, since I could trust her, it was ok. I rode my motorcycle up to her house. Several houses in area, so fairly safe. We went inside and soon an older guy came in with a sock with something heavy. He slid it out on the table. It had 5 stars on it and the name BURMA. Real markings by the way, but gold bar was only Tiger Bronze and looked painted. I held back my laugh as I noticed his gangster tatooes "Waray waray" on his arm. Did I tell him it was a fake and that he was a swindler? Only a fool would do that Tom. I had made it clear, that I had no money and I was inly to view bar. If it was real, I will get the buyer and cash. I asked for a measuring tape and a scale. I measured it and calculated that it should be around 7 kilos. We put it on the scale and I noticed the house was surrounded by his partners peeking in. It only weighed less than 4 kilos. I told him it wasn't even close and whoever gave him that maybe trying to cheat him. �� His partner or 2 came in and said they had a Buddha at another location which I knew was a bandit stronghold and invited me to see it 2 days later. I agreed to go there and see his Buddha with a bit of excitement. Do you know why? In rural areas of the a Philippines especially at night or when no witnesses, my wallet, cell phone and my motorcycle would be enough to kill me for. At my friends house there were too many witnesses and it was daytime. I figured if I agreed to meet them, they wouldn't think twice about killing me then and there. What do you think? Did I go meet them? I'm no fool.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
yamazues, thanx for sharing your story of being scammed. So that occasion falls into the category of the "90%" that are false yamashita treasure stories. Right ? Yet because you know how to "translate signs correctly", you can know the 10% that are true Yamashita treasures (bars, etc...) . Right ?

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you watch Expedition Unknown ?? Josh Gates went looking for the gold along with two of the islanders and they only found a few things in the caves.
Good luck on your hunt if you so decide to pursue it.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.what good is a poison that doesn't kill rapidly? the secret is out. Cyanide, Arsenic ? nah, I am a survivor of both poisons, I was poisoned because of carelessnes..in assaying.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you watch Expedition Unknown ?? Josh Gates went looking for the gold along with two of the islanders and they only found a few things in the caves.

That was a great episode

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What good is a poison that doesn't kill the intruder right away ?? The secret is out. Please don't mention cyanide, I am a survivor _ careless assaying. I have been sensitized to cyanide, I can smell it 59 ft away.

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, my favorite show. Too bad he didn't realize that a chunk of metal buried inside a cave was not natural and most likely a treasure 'Entrance' marker. I texted Josh Gates that, but never got a response. If I saw the shape, I could say yes or no, whether it was a entry marker or a piece of junk a Filipino threw there.

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.what good is a poison that doesn't kill rapidly? the secret is out. Cyanide, Arsenic ? nah, I am a survivor of both poisons, I was poisoned because of carelessnes..in assaying.

Not the IJA Versions of cyanide. They generally have NO smell or other depending on concoction they used. If you smell faint Almond smell, it means you are in the tunnel and it's not poison. Almond smell is only a Cyanide additive. I don't know much about mining, but I do know their chemicals. And they can be deadly. I inoculate myself daily and take more meds if I get sick. The reason most of their chemicals are death from seconds until hours or days later is because even in today's autopsy they appear natural. A next door neighbor to an uncle of mine here were digging and hit an air bubble inside of cement that popped like a broken coke bottle descibed to me. He died at midnight that same day of a Heart Attack by official autopsy.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V0itiman C is a natural Chelating agent for all heavy metals. The odor of cyanide as well as I can explain i,t is a sickly sweet odor, I can smell a open drum of Cyanide now 50 ft away, I have won various bets on this,

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Are there any treasures that aren't guarded by poisons ? :dontknow: As an md'r, I never knew there were these things to watch out for. Nor that the chunks of metal junk I've found could've been "treasure markers" pointing to treasures. Learn something new every day !

Tawfeq

Aug 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does this stone marks mean a thing

does this stone marks mean a thing rps????????_??????.jpg

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does this stone marks mean a thing View attachment 1485172

If it is a treasure marker, it will most likely not be alone. Usually several markers coordinated in area. Hole usually points to an entry. If it points directly towards vault, be wary, there is most likely a bomb or poisons. Marks at right look like D laying flat and a y. D means 'door' and shows angle. 45 degree angle refers to flat in. Other angles show angle. Usually 90 degrees off flat side towards curved side of D. y means 'tunnel'. It's hard to tell in your picture because shadowed etc. Seeing in person is best. You decide. If there are no other markers, possibly just natural. If you dig direction and angle D shows 14ft and you don't find another definite marker, then you either went wrong way or not a treasure site. Remember that only well shaped markers, usually white are real. Ugly markers are used as false trail markers to waste your time. And believe me, I have wasted a lot of time following them before I understood that. Beware of face silloutte and dog eared y. They mark fake tunnels. Good luck.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
If it is a treasure marker, it will most likely not be alone. Usually several markers coordinated in area....

Uh .... yeah ... sure. Because those who "hid" a treasure (hint: "hid" so that "others won't find it") are SURE to "LITTER THE LANDSCAPE with clues. Why ? So that others can find it. Sure. Of course. Why else "hide" something unless you pepper the landscape with clues for other people to find it ?? :dontknow: :tongue3:

.... be wary, there is most likely a bomb or poisons. ....

Something tells me you've been watching one-too-many episodes of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not only bombs and poisons, but don't forget snakes, swashbuckling sword-wielding natives, trip-wires, etc... Eh ? Durnit: Where's Harrison Ford when you need him ??

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Ah yes. Sounds like the Oak Island traps , eh ? Any failure (after going XXX feet deep) is most certainly d/t planned boobie traps put there 72+ yrs. ago, eh ? Pretty creative of them to plan for the back-hoes that would arrive in 2017, eh ?

And anyone who can't find the treasure (or asks critical questions and poses more plausible explanations) is ...... by definition "illegitimate" and "not a real treasure hunter". It's *never* that the treasure isn't most certainly there. It's merely deeper, right ?

....those who might want to finance sites. you will just be throwing away your money for nothing.....

Huh ? You just contradicted yourself. Why would investors be throwing their money away ? Because in the very next breath you say:

..... i just hate those who totally dismiss the idea that everything about yamashita treasure is fake .... they are really ignorant about it.

Presto. If it's most certainly there, then it sounds like a GREAT investment to me. Not "throwing my money away". Make up your mind please ? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread