Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2005 EXPEDITION: YAMASH-I-T-A ( JAPS) TREASURE

emily homma said:
I've posted my reply about "Tunnel 8" earlier...just wondering where the message went. I even mentioned the URL of the article. Anyway, hope it would appear soon..

To those interested to have a copy of the Kanji Guide I'm preparing, I suggest you ask my brother directly from the second week of February. I'll be sending the copies by next week, so contact Rolly Benosa at this number: (63) 919-248-7886 from Feb. 8. I'm asking for just the printing cost of the material, you should understand, although I've spent a lot already in the research. You pay 500 pesos plus postage fee (from Pangasinan) depending on how and where you want it sent. E-mail me first if interested so that I could allot enough copies.

For now, here are the contents of my RANDOM NOTES IN READING KANJI AND INTERPRETING JAPANESE SIGNS AND SYMBOLS
1. Basic Guide to reading Kanji and pictographic kana reading
2. Code symbols in Japanese maps with sample "non-treasure" maps: old 1850's; 1930's to 1944; current
maps
3. A partial/sample "treasure map" reading, etc.(?)
4. Personal Interpretations to traditional Japanese signs and symbols
5. Attempts in Interpreting popular marks in Yama#@!$%#@!a Treasure Troves
6. Significant articles in Japanese structural designs (not complete yet)
7. Relevant issues/notes in Yama#@!$%#@!a Treasure Hunting

This material is just a friendly correspondence material, "compilation or rough notes" not intended for distribution and formal publication in the future, but exclusive to the TH clubs I'm joining. Please keep the material and refrain from further distribution.?

Email me if you have questions.
Emily

IF YOUR POST IS MISSING, re-Post it.

You may have accidently NOT posted it :P

Don't feel Bad, I'v done that ;)

JEFF

J

Jef of PI

Hey peeps, nice to be back!

Wayne, received your mail. Get to you soon! ;D

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

emily homma said:
I must have described something different...Check this site which contains this other "Tunnel 8" exploration? information with a very interesting method of direct-arrival transmission imaging:

http://www.appliedgeophysics.berkeley.edu:7057/geoengineering/appliedgeophysics/papers/washb.pdf

...."just proved the viability of surface-to-borehole imaging of shallow voids". 3D VSP should have been used earlier.

If those metal detectors are not effective, could VSP data be the best to detect underground tunnels?

Hi,
When you talk of direct-arrival transimission, that ussually refers to the reflected radar pulse that bounces off the object or anomally(void),
are you talking about a borehole antena of a GPR? Anyway, given the right ground conditions,GPR should be able to detect a shallow void with a 250mhz cart pulled antena(not borehole). HH

Jose

emily homma

Jan 15, 2006

Hi Jose,
You said:
"When you talk of direct-arrival transimission, that ussually refers to the reflected radar pulse that bounces off the object or anomally(void),
are you talking about a borehole antena of a GPR? Anyway, given the right ground conditions,GPR should be able to detect a shallow void with a 250mhz cart pulled antena(not borehole). HH
Jose

No. I'm not talking about a GPR. Surface and VSP direct imaging are two different things. What has happened to the link I pasted...Anyway, please discuss this topic with my brother who is the scientist in the family. I've sent the complete copy of the VSP paper to him, so chat with him if you want further comparisons.

Looking at GPR samples on some sites, I realized that those are not the types we need as we are looking at a location more than 20 meters deep. The seller I contacted has advised to check out on this site for a more sophisticated detector: www.kellycodetectors.com? ? ?but I wonder if anybody here has? already used their 1,000 USD plus machines. Do they work? GPR's are invented to detect sewage or burried waste or anything? industrial at a much shallower location.

If electronics experts in this list gather together and devise a more effective detector, it would be one great invention many could benefit from. Great suggestion worth considering.

Emily

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

GBOY....""DREAM" TREASURE HUNTING EQUIPMENTS FOR JAPS TREASURE

1) GOLD EMBEDDED INSIDE TREE TRUNK, EXPOSED CEMENT VAULT, ROCK BOULDER
a) Pulse Detector ($3T)
b) GPR ($20T)

2) BURIED TREASURE 20-500 FEET DEPTH, TARGET LOCATION AND GROUND MAPPING UP TO SEVERAL HECTARES...(hi-tech 3D map of your whole treasure areas)
a) GPR ($20T)
b) Electrical Resistivity ($50T)
c) Magnetics w/ gradiometry (est. $20T)
d) Electromagnetics (est. $20T)

3) AERIAL SURVEY FOR WIDE AREAS (TOWNS, PROVINCES)
a) Airborne Geophysics, Imaging and Remote Sensing (est. $100T+)

4) GROUND PROBING AND BOREHOLE DRILL, AU SAMPLES
a) Portable Water Drill ($15T)
b) Borehole Video Inspection System ($15T)

5) UNDERWATER TREASURE (DRUMS,CEMENT VAULT,METAL BOXES,SUB/SHIPWRECKS)
a) Scuba ($2T), Rebreather ($15T)
b) Hookah Air Compressor ($2T)
c) Side Scan Sonar ($25T)
d) Magnetometer (Pro- Mag $15T+, hand held $6.5T)
e) ROV ($30T+)
f) Pulse Detector (towed $7.5, hand held $1.6T)
g) U/W video system (hand held $4T)
h) Gps/radar ($1T)

6) TO DEMOLISH CONCRETE, METAL, BOULDER
a) Portable cut off saw ($1.2T)
b) Portable jack hammer/drill ($800)
c) Demolition agents (chemical) ($75)

7) ACCESORIES
a) Camping/Climbing gears ($2.5T)
b) Electronics, comm gadgets ($2.5T)
c) 4X4 vehicle ($20T)
d) pump boat ($5T)

Note: If I have these kind of equipment....all treasure buried by the Japs will easily be recovered...but 2 or 3 of these equipment is enough for my team to recover a small treasure site...

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Looking at GPR samples on some sites, I realized that those are not the types we need as we are looking at a location more than 20 meters deep. The seller I contacted has advised to check out on this site for a more sophisticated detector: www.kellycodetectors.com? ? ?but I wonder if anybody here has? already used their 1,000 USD plus machines. Do they work? GPR's are invented to detect sewage or burried waste or anything? industrial at a much shallower location.

Hi,

While it is true the GPR may not detect deep objects, if the search area is undisturbed it should be able to show disturbed earth or anomaly, that in theory would show a path to whatever your looking for. Anyway no tech talk for you, could not access your vsp link but as a hobbyist, i have bought a detector from kelllyco (whites BHID) for beachcombing and have other detectors from other companies,(minelab sov elite, tesoro sidewinder, whites surfmaster pulse, a discovery two box) most of these you will find in kellyco, none will go deeper than 3ft(coin size) except for the two box that will pick up a drum size iron object at 5ft. these are hobbyist detectors for coin shooting, cache hunting, relic hunting etc. in the philippines these machines are mis represented as being capable of going more than 12ft which is impossble for the tecnology (vlf and pulse). If ever i would buy one from kellyco, it would be the pulse machine at 2000dls with a 20ft range rating, still i would devide the factory rating by 2, so max range would be 10ft for a huge metal target the size of a volkswagen. In most instances metal detector detection depth is relative to size of target. I will not comment on long range locators as it is a very sensitive topic for many readers, if you want an idea, go to the geophysics and tech topics of this forum. HH

God bless,

Jose

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Re: Gboy Dream treasure equipment...

Jose,

The types of treasure sites and the equipment needed for each treasure site I posted ...is CLEAR ENOUGH FOR TREASURE HUNTERS TO UNDERSTAND AND START TO RESEARCH...
It simple means....that MOST TREASURE EQUIPMENTS IN TREASURE COMPANIES...DOESN'T WORK IN JAPS TREASURE IN THE PHILS.....only those HI-TECH AND EXPENSIVE GEOPHYSICAL INSTRUMENT FROM MINING SECTOR ARE NEEDED....
However, some treasure sites like gold bars embedded inside the tree trunk,( exposed/above ground) cement vault and rock boulders...can be detected by pulse detector or GPR...meaning no need for hi-tech geo instrument..

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Hi,

My post about metal detectors was in response to the querry of Emily concerning detection depth of 20ft +, your observation is correct when you say that these machines should be able to detect caches within 3-5ft, for your operation, based on what you post, for near surface targets, i would recomend a machcine similar to a minelab sov elite or the minelab excal(waterproof version of the sov), that could cancel out iron objects such as rusted nails and shrapnell from bombs, but again, it will only go a couple of feet, these machines should be used together with a twobox detector that has a deeper range(5ft), the info that these machines would give you when used in conjunction with each other would be sufficient to increase your recovery rate for caches that are 4-5ft away. You are also correct that research is as important as the equiptment. hope this info helps in case you find a investor that would buy you your dream gear wishlist.HH

God bless,

jose

emily homma

Jan 15, 2006

Hi Jose,
Thanks for elaborating...I'm really getting interested into trying a GPR, not to detect any metal far beneath but to find out any DISTURBANCE in the soil structure. I've contacted a Fil. geologist living in the US, but at the moment, his expertise is limited requiring some equipment to arrive at a high-tech analysis. He directed me though to some authoritative sources, for example the UP group of scholars connected with volcanology. They also use GPR's according to him. For now, since the ideal equipment is non-existent, going to the basics of soil analysis should be everyone's primer. It should be saving a lot of dollars/yens/pesos in the pocket as well as saving lives.

Say, how much are you renting your GPR for? Maybe you want to have another practicum far North? It's nice to help fellow Filipinos...gives you "more priceless treasures".

Keep using gobbledygooks...I like it, though you can't expect much from me. I'm an artist...figuratively.

Japan's ordinary detectors are good for shallow depths only...their houses and structures are not as deep as other standards, though there are really long-ranged ones. They are super expensive...don't ask.

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005

Hi everybody,
I do not want to put down all your enthusiasm regarding recovery of Japanese treasures. I just want to share my little analysis, maybe it will give an enlightenment to everybody.
Most of the big volume treasures are hidden with intricate planning using hundreds of prisoners of war. They also use lots of decoys to mislead the supposedly treasure hunters. Big volumes if well planned, are hidden in tunnels/caves with different "doors" leading to treasures or leading to decoys or death. Unless you have a valid treasure map specifically for that particular site and object, in my analysis, It will be a futile move on the part of the hunter.
GPR is suggested to use to find the tunnel, meaning once a void has been detected it will be interpreted as a tunnel. Say for example the tunnel has been detected, and since the entrance is unknown, your logical move will be to dig from the top. Let us say it was a succesfull dig, and an area of the tunnel is reached, either the hunter will go left or he will go right to find the treasure. This statement will be very definite: if you are within the tunnel, ordinary treasure hunter with a budget of 30 millon pesos can not penetrate the intricate design of these "vault", (unless of course you have the map very well translated saying all the instructions on how to open these "vaults" These "vaults" are man made stones done by stone engineers harder than original stone.

For Golden boy,
With due respect to your group, in all the equipment you have enumerated as what you are needed for T'hunting, I can say that these are for survey purposes only. Please do not get me wrong, but the equipment you have mentioned are "overkill" to a project.
If you won't mind, I'm listing the equipment I will be using for a small project, say 2 tons.
1. 2 electric submersible pump 1 hp each.(This has to be wired to automatically stops/run when water reaches a predetermined level)
2. 2 electric booster pump 1 hp each.
3. 6 KVA generating set
4. 1 small air compressor
5. 1 chain block 3 tons
6. 2 sets of heavy duty pulley
7. D.C. lightings + couple of rechargable flashlight
8. Sets of cooking utensils and burner
9. 3 sets of Collapsible camping tent (approx. amount=4 to 6k pesos each for 6 persons/for 3 person, much cheaper) this is a sealed tent with zipper.
10 Sets of ropes
11. Electrical/mechanical tools
12. gas detector/thermometer/compass/gas mask/rubber gloves (kithen gloves will do if length is up to the elbow), neutralizing acid and 1 pint of sulfhuric acid.

For treasures that are imbedded inside the tree, first you have to check the physical appearance of the tree, it will give you a hint. If it is a fruit bearing tree, it will be much easier to determine.
An ordinary metal detector is suffice to check a tree if hidden treasure is imbedded.

This is my 2 cents for the moment, my fellow T'hunters... Good day.

Angel

emily homma

Jan 15, 2006

Hi Angel,

Thank you for your posting. Good reminders really. My late grandfather who used to work as foreman in Balatoc mines in Baguio before the war, wouldn't even try digging our sites with his fellow miners for fear of very strong explosives. Well, he witnessed one "burrying event" in a shallow pit but even that requires big budget according to him. The hill we are expecting to yield a bigger catch houses a set of tunnels beneath according to a living eyewitness...err, not really eyewitness bec. he was blindfolded when he entered the cave.

Be very careful , everyone, and take care of your workers' precious lives as well. Buy gas masks even if you just want to investigate the soil layering, and make sure bodies are protected from any possible blasts. A man/landowner died of suffocation and poisoning a few years ago not far from our barrio; and another body was recovered recently from a deep pit in Pangasinan. The ground also has natural poison. Although there are manmade traps, cave ins and collapses are an expected / natural occurrence in the ground layering caused by earth movement and seismic shaking, water movement, erosion, etc. Conduct scientific research first.

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Angel_09,

You treasure inputs/view is helpful...but you miss something...you discuss about the treasure recovery of big volume?
FYI....you should not have even think about it! simply bcoz nobody treasure hunter like us can recover it...period..... It take a lot of manpower....logistics and a battalion of security like Marcos can only do it....for a small treasure hunter group like us...BIG/MEDIUM SIZE TREASURE VOLUME IS OUT OF TOPIC.

Regarding my treasure equipment...again its only my DREAM equipment....and its not an overkill, bcoz we have more than 100 treasure sites of different type...buried, tunnel,cave, cement vault, underwater, waterfalls...etc...but a few of those equipment can start a small project.
The equipment you posted is fine with me for shallow buried site....but have you not noticed? most of these equipment are used by the 99% treasure hunters in the Phil....WHO HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RECOVER TREASURE?....how many holes have been dug using these crude method...maybe a thousand useless holes?
If these eqp't were used with few or zero success....MAYBE THIS TIME....WE SHIFT TO LITTLE BIT ...HI-TECH....the way professional treasure hunter or miners do....ISN'T IT?
Our team have been into several low tech "pick/shovel" digging operation...more than you could have imagine...its always the same story if you lack geophysical instrument...always failure...

You mentioned that most fruit bearing tree, are the usual tree embedded with gold bars?
Do you have a PICTURE PROOF of these fruit bearing tree...or just treasure hearsay/story ?.....are you sure only fruit bearing tree?
I do in Solano N.Vizcaya....I have a picture of Acacia tree (not fruit bearing), in 2000 treasure hunters chainsaw a square hole portion of the tree trunk, and recover 30 pcs. 6 kg gold bars...then they put back again the square wood portion and stapled with iron bars....the tree owner is still fuming mad up to now bcoz they did not gave him a single bar...

Emily Homma,
There are several surveying/mining companies here that have GPR for rent (50T pesos/day)...just look for tel. directory....these geo technology is here now for several decades already used by mining/construction companies ....again,you have to reasearch only.
UP geologist can't help you, we did that before already....bcoz they never believe the existence of japs treasure.

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Hi Emilly and all,

I posted about GPR last night but it did not appear so here goes:

International GPR rates go for arround 200dls a day without technician or operator, they ussually ask for insurance for the unit, back and forth freight. They apply a discount for a weekly to monthly rental that can run from 10-20%. An ideal set up for our country would be a unit(ie:ramacx3m) with a 250mhz antenna, this would give you acceptable depth and resolution.

Now the question is will it work? well yes and no. When the ground is wet or has a high saline(salt) content, the penetration depth can be greatly reduced to a few inches, the ground should be relatively flat, rule of thumb is if you cant manuver a grocery cart in the area then most probably the gpr wont work since they have the same size, so a tropical rain forest would be almost impossible to work in. On the upside, the sandyloam/volcanic soil found in most parts of our country is GPR friendly(martin lambert) specially during the dry season.

The best use for the GPR for treasurehunting would be in urban settings ie: old ancestral homes used by the japanese, old schools, airfields etc. Since it is non-intrusive, it does not damage the enviroment, making it more socially acceptable when searching densely poppulated areas.

Another detector i am very fond of is the two-box, its a medium range (3-5ft) transmit and recieve vlf detector (whites tm808&discovery tf900) and the minelab soveriegn elite. the pros and cons would be a long post but i could post if you guys want to know about them.

There is no magic pill for treasure hunting but hindi naman masama mangarap. A treasure hunter needs all the information that could be gathered (historical and technical) in order to be able to make the ultimate judgement call...to dig or not to dig.

Gboy is right, treasure hunters are the scorn of many scientists and archeaologists but there might be some who would be willing to help. The 50000peso GPR rental fee/day is also probably correct since they ship it in stateside per contract. HH

God Bless,

Jose

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005

Hi Jose,
GPR is a very nice equipment with a very nice price tag on it, but it is worth using it when treasure is concerned. what you have said about GPR is true, and in the Phil., most of the tunnels/caves are not on plain areas. There are some tunnels somewhere in Zambales where they called it a double tunnel:30 feet from top soil and another 20 feet from the first tunnel. the goods are located not on the first tunnel but in the second tunnel. Hundreds of Filipinos died and are still burried in that tunnel. There is only one man who survived to relate this "story". Anyway, its an 'old mans tale'.
I can suggest a more cheaper equipment. It is the ground resistivity meter (function is similar to a megger) where you inject current and will give you information about the area, size and orientation of the void/object. I have built one with an amount of Php 3,000.00. If a hunter can afford, he can have a two-box unit and can increase the depth receptivity by some manipulation and use of complimentary devices.
Regarding "objects" in trees, it is not specifically in the fruit bearing trees. All trees are possible as long it will stand time, such as narra, mango, acacia and other trees that serves as landmarks.
I would like to share my additional 2 cents:
1. Most treasures in P.I. uses landmarks that will stand time because they (the people who burried it) will return to retrieve it.
2. They use hills/mountains as a reference and with the aid of the compass and triangulation, they can determine exactly the area for digging.
3. They also use old structures such as churches, km post (sometimes inside it) or big buolders that can not be move easily.
4. Ther are times when people approaches me and saying "it is only 5 feet deep". This is true to the best of the ability of the person who "saw" it. But in present time, this truth is altered not because he is lying but because of land changes. We have to consider soil weathering. Say for example 62 years ago an object was burried 5 feet deep. Give 1/2 inch each year added to original surface, and to date, this 5 feet will be 7.58 feet deep. IF only 1/2 inch increment.... If surface is reduce, the 5 feet will be 2.42 feet. That is the reason why some people are finding treasure while digging camotes, making septic tanks and others.

Angel

BTW, I still have some more cents amounting to more than 64 Dollars.... (just kidding)

M

merx688

If you have the maps, why would you need a GPR?

M

merx688

Oh by the way guys, detecting voids are fine but most of the tunnels are backfilled with the same materials as the surroundings. A lot of the loactions also have hundreds of natural caverns and pockets, particularly mountain locations. How are you gonna handle that wihout a map?

emily homma

Jan 15, 2006

Hi All,

I'm writing this message in capsule for the longer version I typed earlier that was zapped by something strange...Anyway...
I've seen a map of our entire hilly place but we have big doubts of the aunthenticity of the material. Our neighbor diggers use it, but after 7 years, I don't think it's yielded them as much. Looking at the piece, the paper looks newly published, uses the banned kanji writing type in Jp during the war, and doesn't seem to match with the landmarks. There are witnesses that told more reliable stories that are more accurate as to time, logic, depth, size and distance of the details. We don't want to be mislead further by fakes. although finding an authentic map and its closeness to the descriptions of the site would help a lot, the long-range, stronger GPR is the answer for a safer recovery. The previous owner who bulldozed a part of the area in early 70's didn't get much...still living simple life in Baguio. That leaves us the sides and cliff to get to the entrance. Other contacts have used detectors for shallow depths, but that yielded them watches and other things only. More accurate and deeper readings are needed.

I'm planning to have a mini resort there on top of the hill in the future. If the swimming pool is constructed right in the middle, and would collapse because of the underground tunnels, what would happen to my guests...burried with the treasure? See, I need to be wiser and smarter.

I've found some tunnel designs here in Jp but such are just train and mountain tunnels for vehicles. Could be of interest though. Of course I woudn't find any "treasure tunnel" in the archives. The WWII materials are not available to public.

If I'd be spending about 50T or 100T for just the rent of a GPR for a day, then financing my brother's project would be better. He used to be an AM in Jap electronics firm and codesigned /remodeled a Am/Jap fishfinder. The machine used a device submerged in the sea as the boat traveled and read all the types of fish underneath the vessel. If a new machine would be designed to show clearer readings in this same principle, it should be the invention we're waiting for. That's why, if the electronics and mechanical engineers brainstorm together, there'd be a better light in TH in the future.

OP
OP
G

gboy

Jul 5, 2004

Angel,
Your homemade ground resistivity meter is like Accurate Locators GPL...won't work in highly resistive areas like the Philippine soil...we have used this GPL..its totally useless...lots of false readings.... mapopordoy ka lang...its just an ohmmeter with probes...thats it!...in fact I have not heard anybody using this equipment recovered japs treasure.
If you insist....earth resistivity imaging equipment is better....at least you have 3D view of your suspected target area...but it cost more or less $50T....

Tagasilay,
Your 2-box metal detector is proven to have hit japs treasure....BUT you must MEMORIZE all your different target SOUNDS for cave, voids, tunnel, gold cache, gold nuggets...etc. It will take years to master or familiarize different sounds. ...the problem is..where the heck you will get to practice to hear the sound of gold cache...ang tanong? saan ka pwede magpaktis para makinig sa gold cache...sa central bank?

Merxx,
If i have a map, why need a GPR?....all treasure equipment added with map...can add the accuracy of your target...
What if its mountaneous areas with lots of voids, tunnel, caves...etc...how you gonna handle without map?....geophysical instruments comes in....resistivity, magnetics, electromagnetics, gpr, etc....it will gives you 3D GROUND MAP of the whole mountain area including the underground voids, caves, tunnels...up to 1,200 meters deep (borehole Sirotem)...kaya2 yan ng mining equipment.... besides to reconfirm your target....conduct some survey test drill holes to your suspect target area...pag nakakuha ka drill gold samples...100% na yaaaaaann ...oks?....pero bago ka makabili this expensive equipment...maghukay ka mababaw muna para maka afford ka.. ;D

Emily,
Your bro fishfinder will help us nego or bargain with other treasure hunter/fishermen about their treasure hoard...or it can use as an alibi to penetrate treasure area...if local authorities ask what we are doing?...we have fishfinder...boss...were just fishing.....(some treasure).. ;D

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005

Hi gboy and all,

The two box i have is a discovery tf900, no need to practice in the central bank since like all two box detectors, it does not discriminate between ferous and non ferous metals. The trick is being able to ground balance the two box to make it run smoothly in the area you are operating in, it is hard to ground balance in highly mineralized sand(black), this results in a lot of false signals. It will have no problem with woids because you can program it for metal and void detection. I never use void mode since it is very confusing, but with the all metal there is no problem as long as the target is within 2-4 ft. This detector would be ideal when searching for small stash since you can bring it around because of its managable weight and size. It will run for 15hrs using 8 energizer batteries. The downside is its range and it will pic up all metal targets within its range, so if your searching in a urban enviroment or a field with a lot of metal trash it will beep a lot. it works fine in our mountains and rural farms. Have i found anything with it? No treasure yet, but a lot of munitions and ordnance from the last war, underground piping etc. Im not an active treasurehunter, but enjoy the hobby a lot, thats why i try to be technical in my posts so some of you will be able to decide what equiptment you might need for a particular situation. HH

God bless,

jose

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005

Soil resistivity will not be a big hindrance in using resistivity instrument. If an area has void/tunnel, this can be interpreted in a hard ways; using graph for every predetermined distance/length. From this graph result, it can be interpreted and evaluated. it may be a hard work, but from it, raw data can be achieved plus the mastery of the area being tested. Earth resistivity imaging equipment is true to be more better, in a sense that hard work is eliminated and the computer is doing the job for interpretation. But the data given by the meter will be the same data to be use for plotting the readings, and the data for the interpretation of the computer. The interpretation of this equipment depends on how a person understands how it works, the principles of earth resistivity measurement, and the correct application of the instrument to the site. In my opinion, earth curvature will not be a big problem in resistivity meter, unlike the GPR that it must be a plain area before anyone can get a good results. Home made resistivity meter can be connected to computer using RS232. (of course there is a program to be run)
A void/tunnel will give us a very high resistance reading, while the earth will give us a uniform reading if undisturbed. Any metal within the path of the meter will give a much lower readings, and can be confirmed by 2 box metal detector if it is within range.
I'm not promoting this meter, but as situation persist, we can not have more than what we can afford.
BTW, 2 box metal is a must, 8 to 12" coil is also necessary, a little knowledge of archeology and geology is also a must; must be able to interpret soil structure. Book for basic archeology can be bought for around 1,000 + pesos and book of geology is around 250.00 pesos. We do not need to be certified in these field, but we need to understand these fields.
As for me, it is one of the prequalification of a treasure hunter....

Angel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread