2009 Goals............

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if anyone posted anything along these lines already (been out of town alot lately & haven't read all posts), but I was curious as to what your CRH'ing goals are for 2009 if any of you have some.

Some shoot for hitting a particular amount of silver, searching so many boxes of a certain denomination, putting a collection book together from CRH'ing, finding a certain coin/coins, searching a total number of coins, etc. This list could go on & on.............

If you do have any goals for this year, I would love to hear them. Shoot for the stars...even if you come up a little short, you will land on the moon....ha!!!

Okay, let's hear them....

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Happy New Year LJ! Miss you on the forum but glad that you still visit :D I have a few CRHing goals for 2009. I have a wooden box at home that I overflowed this year with silver. It is about 2ft X2ft and about 6 inches tall. I filled it to overflowing by the end of December with all my keepers both 40% and 90% and S mint silvers. I bought a safe and am putting all 2008 finds there. My goal is to fill up the wooden box with all my 90%ers this year. Ha...you said shoot for the stars right? The 40%ers I will continue to put in the safe. Of course this is going to mean that I take more road trips and go through many many more boxes. But if I filled the box to overflowing in only 9 months of doing this because I started at the end of March then I may be more successful using the entire year. Who knows I may be able to do it. How about you lady? What are your goals....can we expect some competition from the famous LJ? Let us know.

-Golden Silver

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
A Little Different Goal

Hey Forum Friendlies, My goal for 2009 is kind of strange,Anthony(Narthoniel) has a wife who wants to swim in a bathtub full of silver. I have the tub and half the silver. I am hoping to complete the project before they move to Texas.
I have included a picture of her suit to complete the project.

My best to all of you this year,I hope you find twice as much as you deserve. Jim

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 257

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
LOL LJ so im assuming your goal is to fill a dump truck with your finds, that seems about rite for your keeper ratio

My goals this yr are

ALot more wheaties in the teens and twentys and a 1909 vbd
A V nickel and or shield nickel
A barber dime
A silver quater since i searched none last yr
I keep all my keepers in a little treasure chest my parents got me as a joke, my career goal is to fill it, (a yr is way to short ,this thing is big and deep). so the more i add to that the better
ANd a seated half/coin, and more walkers as ive only found two this past yr
Keith

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Good topic LJ. I love reading everyones goals.

Ok here are mine.

GOAL #1: finally get a half dollar CWI box with a silver coin in it (current status is at 47 skunks)

GOAL #2: Complete my roll set for lincolns 1941 - 1974.

Goal #3: Complete my roll set of WAR nickels.

Goal #4: 10,000 Wheats.

Goal #5: complete silver rosie set that is started and complete a 2nd set.

Goal #6: complete another Jefferson nickel set.

I would really like to set a goal on ounces of silver but it is almost impossible to find hand rolled halves near me, and everyone knows how my boxes produce.

My best goal yet, JUST HAVE FUN SEARCHING and chatting on here

Happy Hunting,
Jason

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about this a lot lately, I don't know if I am low balling it or am being over ambitious but here is my 2009 goals:

1 Indian Head
500 Wheat's
2 V-Nickel
40 War Nickels
400 Silver dimes
1 Barber half
50 Walkers
100 Franklin's
200 90%
600 40%

S

seger98

I wanna make it to 2010 :icon_jokercolor: but before I get there it would be nice to get 300 in 40%er's

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goals for this year....hmm

Average 100 silver coins per month (all denominations combined) ..... or > 1200 for the year

Pennies:
10 Indian head pennies (probably a stretch)
Average 417 wheat pennies per month (> 5000 for the year)
5 of the 1920-1936 Canadian pennies (a stretch)
Find all wheat pennies from 1934-1958 (would like to go back farther, just being realistic)
Fill at least two holes in my 1st set of CRH only wheat pennies (1909-1958)...only 20 left possible.
Find at least one wheat penny which fills a hole in my collection...only 10 left and all have mintages in under 7 million.

Nickels:
100 war nickels
Complete a circulated Jefferson set within 2009 (missed by 2 last year)
20 Buffalo Nickels (10 with readable dates) and 1 that I still need for my set.
4 V Nickels including at least 1 I still need for my set.

Dimes:
Complete my silver roosevelt set (been struggling with it for three years now down to 7 left....1949, 1949-D, 1949-S, 1955, 1955-D, 1955-S, 1958)
200 silver Dimes at least 15 of which are Mercs or older

Quarters:
10 silver US quarters

Halves:
A barber half dollar .... one goal done... :)
Fill a few more holes in my Walking Liberty set.
Find the last two I need to complete my CRH Franklin set (1955 and 1958).

Dollars:
Find the last two Ikes to complete my circulation set (1972 Var II and 1976 Var I)

And although not an exact goal....take more road trips than last year.... :) I have vacation to burn and I didn't take many last year, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
My goals were set a little differently... I plan to search at least 5 boxes of each denomination (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and halves) every month ($6875 in coin if I did the math right :tongue3:). I figure persistence pays off and all I can do is look at as many coins as I can. The finds should come :thumbsup:

oracle

Nov 1, 2008
MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
My goals for 2009 CRH:
Cents:
Start Lincoln cent collection
Fill as many holes as possible in wheat cent album
Find 1972, 1983, 1984 and 1995 doubled die Lincoln memorial cents
Find 1992 and 1992-D closed AM varieties Lincoln memorial cents
Find 1998, 1999, and 2000 wide AM Lincoln cent varieties

Half dollars:
Start Walking Liberty Half collection (see how it goes)
Start Ben Franlin Half collection (see how it goes)

.....and most of all keep CRH a fun and interesting hobby and not a second job........

Happy CRH
Rich

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just graduated college so I won't have much time to CRH between looking for a job/working when I get a job. I never really searched lots of coins when I was in college because of the money situation, but now that I'm out I plan on increasing the volume. So here are my goals:

200 Wheats
1 Indian Head
1,000 Pre-1960 nickels
10 Buffalo
1 V-Nickel
50 Silver Dimes (any combo of Roosies and Mercs)
1 Silver Quarter (just one little silver quarter!)
100 40% Halves
20 90% Halves

-Codes

daveg13

Aug 1, 2008
My goals for '09 are to double my '08 finds and volume, and to start doing halves. Should be easy to do, since I've only been CRH since July of last year.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. They all look like realistic goals.....well, the bathtub.... :icon_scratch:....Jim, your always make me laugh....don't change a thing buddy!!!! Actually, I think your being modest....you could fill two bathtubs NOW!! :wink: Cute swimsuit too BTW.

I hope all of you achieve what you set out to do. Like the old Nike commercial......JUST DO IT!!!! Good luck.

golden silver said:
How about you lady? What are your goals....can we expect some competition from the famous LJ? Let us know.

-Golden Silver

No sir Mr. GS.....no competition from me. My goal for 2009 is to wrap up this business degree....get that piece of paper. All I ask is to save a little for me when I finally get started back....lol. I may hit a bank here and there and ask for handrolls but that is about it....all I have time for. For sure no boxes.

ugotit22 said:
LOL LJ so im assuming your goal is to fill a dump truck with your finds, that seems about rite for your keeper ratio

Well Keith....as you know, I had a ball when I was active. I pass up alot of banks....look at them and just wonder. Once I get that degree......watch out....ha!

I'll get my excitement from reading everyones finds.....really. I get pleasure out of that so post em....with pictures...please!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread