2009 Lincoln cents

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Just give it a couple of weeks and you won't be able to get away from 'em :wink:. They are minting tons of these new ones. If you just tell your bank that you want a box of the new ones, I'm sure they will hold one for ya. Good luck, Gpurs..

bnsfhobo

Aug 29, 2007
Oklahoma City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
info from the usmint.gov site. Indicates that they minted 139 million in january alone. So be patient and don't get ripped off.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Yeah, I asked one of my BofA's in Issaquah and they have no idea when they are comming out. They know what I am talking about, but they say that they havnt heard of them releasing any yet. As soon as the bank gets it, I will be able to get one for face vaule and have it be BU condition! :) Thats what I'm hoping. ;D

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I've heard, and I don't remember the source, was that the banks haven't ordered them so they aren't shipping them. apparently the banks have enough coin to do them right now with everyone turning all their spare change in to pay the bills.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
enamel7 said:
One thing I've heard, and I don't remember the source, was that the banks haven't ordered them so they aren't shipping them. apparently the banks have enough coin to do them right now with everyone turning all their spare change in to pay the bills.

What I understand is...... The Federal Reserve banks dont want them because they are already overloaded with pennys. They are being sold by the Mint to collectors. Be patient and you will get them MUCH CHEAPER.

VPR

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
enamel7 said:

What I understand is...... The Federal Reserve banks dont want them because they are already overloaded with pennys. They are being sold by the Mint to collectors. Be patient and you will get them MUCH CHEAPER.

VPR

The Federal Reserve doesn't have a choice. The government will want these out there. The problem is the carriers (Brinks, Loomis, Dunbar, etc.) don't have a need to draw from the Reserve. Only when their reserve gets low enough will they tap into the Fed's supply. The current product (copper plated zinc) has been shipped to dealers to sell to their customers. The problem is there will be billions minted and will be worthless from a numismatic pov. An individual can not order direct from the mint the Zincoln variety. The only product that will be available via the Mint to individuals are the collector rolls. They will have the same composition (95% copper) as the original 1909 issue. Be patient and don't be deceived by dealers to buy the Zincoln.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions