2010 DUTCH HUNTERS RENDEZVOUS

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2010 DUTCH HUNTER'S RENDEZVOUS

why is it most of you look like shady loners...lol other then the women that is ..

who knows i dont have the time to test this theory .. :hello:

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Don Jose,

Are you saying that bb actually has a "theory"? Over the years his theory has become a bit streeeeeeetched. What ever happened to the five gallon glass bottles of nitro' lining each side of his mine entrance? :dontknow:

Hard to imagine someone has followed his......stories long enough to discern a "theory". It would take a week to explain it. :icon_scratch:

I would suggest that you place a cool, wet cloth on your forehead for a few days and you will feel much better. If that doesn't make things clearer, you might want to seek professional help. :help:

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Jerry,

I received your pictures tonight. Many thanks! Others seem to be dragging their feet somewhat. That's not unusual. Ellie......Paul......Tom......Ken? The sooner I get them, the sooner I can get them all on a CD. :dontknow:

Thanks again,

Joe

Joe - I've been pretty much swamped with work since I got back, so haven't made time to go through Connie's photos to see what she has. I often hate going on vacation because I have nobody to cover for me while I'm gone and come back to 2-3 times the work I had when I left so end up working weekends and evenings to get the stuff done - sorta defeats the purpose of a vacation imho :(.

I honestly doubt we have many Rendezvous photos, so don't expect alot from us - I think Ken is the guy who probably has dozens of good ones.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Paul,

No problem, as I understand completely. I only got a few pictures myself. I think you are correct that Ken will probably be our best source.

Get back to work! :'(

Take care,

Joe

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Don Jose,

Are you saying that bb actually has a "theory"? Over the years his theory has become a bit streeeeeeetched. What ever happened to the five gallon glass bottles of nitro' lining each side of his mine entrance? :dontknow:

Hard to imagine someone has followed his......stories long enough to discern a "theory". It would take a week to explain it. :icon_scratch:

I would suggest that you place a cool, wet cloth on your forehead for a few days and you will feel much better. If that doesn't make things clearer, you might want to seek professional help. :help:

Take care,

Joe

what makes you think that was not a warning my friend ... my grandfather was ticketed 3 or 4 times for teaching his grandkids how to handle TNT in the back yard .. those were the fun days .. i wish you could have been there .. the fresh smell of sweaty TNT .. rock the sense ..

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cubfan64 said:
cactusjumper said:
Jerry,

I received your pictures tonight. Many thanks! Others seem to be dragging their feet somewhat. That's not unusual. Ellie......Paul......Tom......Ken? The sooner I get them, the sooner I can get them all on a CD. :dontknow:

Thanks again,

Joe

Joe - I've been pretty much swamped with work since I got back, so haven't made time to go through Connie's photos to see what she has. I often hate going on vacation because I have nobody to cover for me while I'm gone and come back to 2-3 times the work I had when I left so end up working weekends and evenings to get the stuff done - sorta defeats the purpose of a vacation imho :(.

I honestly doubt we have many Rendezvous photos, so don't expect alot from us - I think Ken is the guy who probably has dozens of good ones.

i agree with joe .. back work slave ...LOL

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Paul,
… Ken will probably be our best source. (for Rendezvous pictures)
Joe

CJ-
Last night at 11:36 PM I sent you an email at the address you gave here entitled “your request for photos.”

It was a rather long email with some explanation of my delay and also six of the photos I posted here on the forum. That was a test to see how the new ‘Windows Live Mail’ program handles it. I requested your response about the transfer, etc. The program doesn’t allow manipulations as well as the old ‘Outlook Express’ program I used to use and which I am more familiar with. The new one is mostly automated and doesn’t allow much as far as specifications, etc. :icon_scratch:

I really don’t know how that program is my default email program when I have ‘Outlook Express’ selected in “Internet Options?” :help:

Bottom line…Did you get my email with the photos? :dontknow:

Ken ‘dustcap’ Chichester

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Hi Ken,

Yep, your pictures came through just fine. I haven't copied them yet, but don't see why there should be any problem.

I look forward to receiving the rest.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she recovers quickly. There's a reason why they call it "practicing medicine".

Many thanks,

Joe

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where are all yall?
3 days and not a single post - did the rendez-vous take _so_ much outta yall?
Hello ........... any1 home?
Guess I will just _have_ to attend next year's meeting - trying to 'figger' out what the heck has happened ...

per

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Per,

This is common for this time of the year. Weather gets cooler, and everyone is out looking for gold......

Take care,

Joe

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cactusjumper said:
Per,

This is common for this time of the year. Weather gets cooler, and everyone is out looking for gold......

Take care,

Joe

Or working too dang much so I can afford to retire early out there :)

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

*chuckles* yall are killing me! Just show me where to go ... ;-)
Per

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Javaone said:
Nothing to say because I've already found it... :tongue3: hehe

Jerry,
Was that you lookin over my shoulder? I wondered where my map went, been searching for a week.
-Ken

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been wanting to add my 2 cents worth since the rendezvous. Poor Joe R., has had to deal with my pictures that I just realized were huge.
No wonder a bunch of them didn't get through. Joe, I am making them all smaller and sending them to you in a folder.

First - I have to give a big thanks to Joe R. and Carolyn - they are the most gracious of hosts - of that, there is NO doubt. The food was unbelievable, and so much of it!!

The Rendezvous was not what we expected - we were not only thrilled, but deeply honored, to meet so many of the folks we have talked to, debated with, and even argued with --- Jerry and Melissa (WE MADE FIRE!!!!), Randy, Paul and Connie, Ellie Baba, Ken (Dustcap), Ralph Johnson, Somehiker, and so many others. And, it goes without saying - Bob Corbin, Tom and Sharon Kollemborn, Bob Shoose, Jack San Felice, Greg
Davis and all the folks from the SSAR, and so many others.

The discussions were never-ending and I know there were times that as many as 7 or 8 conversations were going on at the same time. Next year, I think I will take a bit of wisdom from Greg Davis and bring a tape recorder!!

I have already made some pics smaller, and I am going to post a few of them.

The first one, of course, has to be "THE RING" - Bob Corbin's.

The rest should be pretty much the folks you have seen. As I get more "sized down" I will post some more. (most likely when we get back home in a week or so).

Attachments

• Bob Corbins ring.jpg
    Bob Corbins ring.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 332
  • Bob Corbin and the Oros.jpg
    Bob Corbin and the Oros.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 345
  • Bob signs Bible.jpg
    Bob signs Bible.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Joe and Buddy.jpg
    Joe and Buddy.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Greg Davis, Jack San Felice.jpg
    Greg Davis, Jack San Felice.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 375
  • Randy and boo-boo foot.jpg
    Randy and boo-boo foot.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 361
  • Tom and Sharon K.jpg
    Tom and Sharon K.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Von, Paul, Connie, Randys foot.jpg
    Von, Paul, Connie, Randys foot.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 343
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Thank you Beth.

I can assure you it was our pleasure. Having you and Roy there, along with
the Kollenborn's, made it a pretty special Rendezvous. The Thursday night
pre-Rendezvous dinner (including Bob Corbin) was an added bonus. Believe it turned out well.

Take care,

Joe & Carolyn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread