Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2010 first dig.....year of the 50's?

From the land of the Bluenose.....Saturday surfing and no water to be seen! This detecting forum, that detecting site with bouys still getting our a digging. Even Yulah's metal detecting vid on youtube.com could not shake the feeling of despair and jealousy of those in warmer climates. I had enough I tell you...enough and with the sun a beaming I grabbed one of my Freedom 3 Plus machines and sprinted out the door to a salt ridden Otto.

Knew that my only option was to dig a shore line below the high water line so to the Dingle this bouy did a go only to be greeted by a multitude of screaming rug rats, a horde of albino crows and ducks flying overhead along with mobile manure makers of every color, size and breed galloping all over the park.
P7080001.jpg

Undaunted I dodged freezbies,aerial duck droppings and land mines of fresh and not so fresh doggie dew to get to the shore. Made it unscathed swinging the Garrett before me hoping that no bell tone was heard before I reached shore. two swings later on the shore my first heavenly bell tone purring from the Garrett which resulted in a dog tag nevertheless. I immediately dug deeper hoping to find remains to no avail! Rats!

This area was one that Navy Davy, Slickpick Rick and I had done on several previous occasions with some degree of success so I was not looking forward to any great finds nor any great amount of toasty coinage but was pleased with the 13 coins (37cents) rescued from the ooze.
P7100008.jpg

Tide was coming up and my detecting area was shrinking in direct proportion but I didn't care. Got to swing in February and left as happy as an albacore tuna in a school of mackerel!

So where does the "50" come into play well let me tell you me son. At the biker's dance Marie and I attended I had brought 50/50 tickets but had left before the dance was over and had turned the tickets over to Ken, Marie's brother who at 2am in the morning was ringing our buzzer. Shocking as we were in bed but Ken being Ken had to come up which he did handing Marie an envelope..........containing $294....we had won! Gave Ken $40 to take his date out for a snack and threw him out the door.

Second and third 50's I received on Valentine's day as when I awoke there was an envelope and a little red bag decorated with hearts. Read the card....rather mushy, Lord love a duck and inside was this pair of 50's.....cent pieces that is!
P7100004.jpg

A few more dollars for the "Back to the UK Fund" and few I might add as Marie got half, Otto got a piece of mine and to get out of the doghouse for having forgotten the International Day of Love I emptied my pocket for a bottle of "Shi" perfume.......stinks sum pretty youz!

Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Re: 2010 first dig.....year of the 50's?

Very nice finds.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

Nice going!
That had to be fun to get out for a bit.
Mike

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Enjoy your funny posts , Lesslie. Those birds just wanted some attention from a long, cold winter, too :laughing7: Glad you got out of that "Cabin Fever" episode and did some digging. Spring isn't too far ahead...........but it's not over yet, especially for you folks way up there in the Canadian Maritime Provinces. HH Ron :icon_sunny:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

An youse was complainin.......ben cents last year, first of December, when the snow begun to fly here.....(S. Korea).
And, it is still flying......last night, made all the rodes slick sum. Ground is hard as an old maid's heart. Couldn't
break into it with a bulldozer. BUT.......ben out lookin for coin sites to hunt once the frost goes back up into Russia.
Have over 25 sites lined up.....just got to walk to them and dig.......there will be coins datin from 1670s to 1940s. (And
I don't count anyting newer den dat.)
Good to see you posting again, and see that you didn't get buried permanently in all that snow. Have a good year.
Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks coooold up there! But at least you could get out for a bit.
My grandmother comes from up there (Halifax). Haven't been there in 40 years. Very beautiful place!

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread