Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through my files and tried to pick a top find for each year of the recently departed decade. Some years it was tough to find a worthy find. Other years there were multiple candidates, so I have a few ties and honorable mentions. Well, here goes.....

my first post on T-Net was this 1797 Draped Bust Dime. Even though the date is worn off due to a die crack that raised the face of the coin in the date area, we know it is 1797 because it has 16 stars and the small eagle reverse.
1797 Front.jpg 1797 Back.jpg

My favorite find of 2011 is this Indian artifact, the largest point I have ever found. I was with a female friend of mine and she said she would like to find an arrowhead. I said I knew of a field near her house that has produced arrowheads. She went one way and I went the other. When I saw this, I took my shirt off to mark the spot and went to get her so she could see what to look for - lol
Point dirt shot.jpg Point side A.jpg

Only two years earlier I found one of the holy grail coins - a US Draped Bust Silver. Wouldn't ya know it I found another one. This time an 1803. I went into the field that day, got my first signal, it started raining. I dug the target, left the dirt on and left the field after one hole!
1803 front - clean.jpg 1803 back - clean.jpg
2012 Honorable Mention

2012 was an amazing year because I found an huge virgin tavern site loaded with coins and buttons. I found these two beauties, 1782 Two Reale and 1830 Half Dime on the same day in December. The 1830 dime is the most recent date on any coin from this site.
Two Reale - front.jpg Half Dime - front.jpg

Not many good choices for 2013. US State coppers are always good finds, so I chose this New Jersey.
New Jersey.jpg

Many worthy candidates in 2014, so we have a tie. The first is these two silvers found at the same site on the same day. My oldest dated silver, a 1661 hammered Hungarian King Leopold and a 1708 cut Spanish
Leo and Chuck - LARGE.JPG Leopold and Charles - LARGE.JPG
And tied with these coins is this beautiful CW cartridge box plate I dug near Antietam
Plate - Front.JPG

Not too many good choices in 2015, so I selected this Spanish half real that was once used as a cufflink
2.Half real -front.jpg 3.Half real - back.jpg

This year we have another tie, and I could even add an honorable mention, but I won't. In May I found this 2 reale cob.
Cob Front.JPG Cob Back.JPG

On Halloween, I found this Capped Bust Dime
Capped Bust Front.png Capped Bust Back 1.png

I had a great hunt in September of 2017, highlighted by finding two Spanish half reals that day.
Reals.jpg

While 2018 had several nice finds, the find of the year was this CW era militia belt plate.
Just Dug Front.jpg

Last year was kinda sparse for the "splash" finds, but I was happy to find these two WWI relics near an abandoned tenet farmer shack. Fifth regiment, Battery C crossed cannons and a French Croix de Guerre medal
Crossed Cannon - F.JPG Medal front.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed looking at these finds as much as I did remembering them.

HH - Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 11

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post Steve! It’s crazy how the memory of unearthing a target a decade ago can still be clear as day. Lots of holes to be dug for your list of favorites. Congrats!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Livin' the dream! Grats on a bunch of fantastic finds and thanks for sharing.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I remember a few of those for sure... great collection.

Hope you have many more years ahead and the finds ta-boot.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a great decade!! You got some real beauties :icon_thumleft:

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Very impressive...I would love to see your top five or ten for each year....thanks for sharing.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding decade of digs Steve!