2011 finds

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Just in case anyone thought I only hunt rocks with dollar bills I figured I would post some 2011 finds. This hasn't been the greatest year in regards to to quality pieces but I still love to find 'em. These were all found by either me or my father. Most are from northwest Illinois or eastern Iowa. Materials include Burlington Chert, Moline Chert, and one piece of Hixton found in Iowa. The middle blade measures 4-1/4" long for reference. We just got a ground covering of snow so this might be it for the year but I'll hold out hope.

Hippy

Attachments

• IMG_2688.JPG
    IMG_2688.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_2689.JPG
    IMG_2689.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 749
Upvote 0

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Jeff good stuff. You guys did better than me. Take care.

Chuck

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Wow, that's a nice frame of finds, awesome. What's the typology on the point just left of the big centered blade? Is it beveled? The base looks rather large compared to the point, nice.

Are the buttons (upper left) incidental finds?

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice finds my friend. Lot's of quality finds in there. I'm getting ready to close the 2011 season myself.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frame of finds.

cgoings

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all:

I thought you might be interested in some chert exposure maps I am creating for Iowa. I am doing it one county at a time and have Henry and Washington counties done. I am working on Louisa County right now. It takes awhile to publish each map because I am ground-truthing as I go. You can go to Rolling Hills Consulting Services :: Home and click on County Chert Maps to access them. If you follow RHCS on Facebook, you will be notified when the next map is up.

Hope this is helpful!

Chad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread