2011s are in the mix (error/grease strike?)

coin flipper

Mar 25, 2011
East Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
looking to buy one
2011's are in the mix (error/grease strike?)

I started with the pennies tonight to give a break on the halfs and whipped through 2 of 3 boxes of nickels. Pulled out a 2006 S and 4 war nickels in one box and 2 in another AND 5 of these. The 3rd box is all 2011. I will have to get more coin holders when I open these up. Thank you for the help with the 1994 cent I came across. I will be going to Orlando next weekend to talk with a gentleman about it and probaly bring some of these also. Ya'll enjoy the weekend.

Attachments

• 2011 5 cent front.JPG
    2011 5 cent front.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 2011 5 cent.JPG
    2011 5 cent.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
Re: 2011's are in the mix

You will probably have better luck on the East Coast of FL instead of Orlando. I was down there a few months ago on business (I work for Disney, but live in NY) and did some searching, there was NOTHING to be had.

vetteguy96

Mar 11, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

dpy52081 said:
You will probably have better luck on the East Coast of FL instead of Orlando. I was down there a few months ago on business (I work for Disney, but live in NY) and did some searching, there was NOTHING to be had.

Have to agree that the pickins are slim...... Hope we can find better sources soon.

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY

You know what I think it is, Central FL is an area that has grown a lot, but mostly because people have migrated there in the past 20 yrs, so it is not an area where people have several generations of roots. Normally people get rid of stuff laying around the house before they move and relocate. That is why areas like the North East have higher silver finds because people who have been here for 50+ years are leaving and getting rid of stuff before they go where places like central FL are dryer bc people have already gotten rid of their stuff before they left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread