2011s Keep on Coming - Theories?

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
2011's Keep on Coming - Theories?

All 12 boxes I picked up last night were solid 2011. Different night, different bank bit same results ---12 more solid 2011 dime boxes. Luckily I have a great relationship with the tellers there and they said it was no problem to leave them. I would never think to do that as they did their part by ordering them, and I think it is my job to take what I ordered. The lead teller knows what I do and suggested I leave them and take 2K in halves. I gladly took his offer.

I have another 3K pick up Friday and a 2k pick up Saturday and I have no doubt I am going to be looking at more solid boxes. Has anyone experienced this before? I had a week a couple months ago where all the banks in my area received solid 2011's but it only lasted a week before the circulated coins started showing up. This is week 2 of all new coins.

Any theories on why they are shipping solid 11's for 2 straight weeks?

MU

Upvote 0

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Re: 2011's Keep on Coming - Theories?

Geez it seems they are a never ending nightmare Boxes of dimes from hell I got 2 of them today and 3 yesterday this is in the SF Bay area and 7 of them last week alone! Im thinking of laying off dimes for a while

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other

2011s seem to be coming a lot. I've had to pass on quite a few solid 2011 penny boxes here.

OP
OP
MentalUnrest

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010

I changed next weeks orders to halves. Most likely will be skunks but at least I will have the thrill of the hunt.

MU

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other

Last Thrus I picked up 4 boxes of Strings Dimes sourced from Wells Fargo and they were circulated. I'll let you know what I pick up tomorrow over here on the right half of the state.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm thinking that if I get 2011 dimes like you've been, I'm going to switch my weekly 4 boxes of dimes to 2 boxes of quarters and 1 of dimes until the dimes start coming through circulated. What do I have to loose? I doubt the quarters will be all new at the same time the dimes are...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's why I love halves... Yes, alot of skunks out there, but you'll never open a box & find all 2011s. If u did, Feebay em

HH

BB

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other

2 nickel boxes: One marked 4402 (a familiar mark) was new 2011s. One marked with a number in the 5000s were circulated. I went through half of it at lunch and pulled a Dateless Buffalo-D and a 1935D Buffalo. More info on that later.

4 dime boxes: One marked 4402 was new 2011s. The others were marked in the 5000s and were circulated. More on those later.

I think I'll switch to Quarters next week for fun...I have a feeling I just got the last of the circulateds for a few weeks in my area.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other

As soon as they are ordered by the Federal Reserve districts. Then, from the districts they have be ordered by a regional supplier. In my area, it seems that Wells Fargo is the regional coin suppliers. From the supplier, they go to your bank only when the bank orders them.

It is all about demand, you see...

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010

I stopped doing dimes because of the new ones. I still do bags every couple of weeks. HH

Straight_Flush89

Aug 10, 2011

You sure that brinks hasn't figured out about you? $12k in dimes weekly is alot, maybe they are sending the 2011's to get you to cancel your orders. Cancel your orders for a while, and just pick up boxes from a few banks. I'm sure you'll find some nice circulated boxes. You might even be able to trade new boxes for a circulated one if your charming enough, so the bank isn't out of any dimes they might need.

I'd just pick up from a variety of sources to avoid the problem if I were you. Or switch order banks, or divide them up. Be creative.

Win like your Charlie Sheen

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA

Hang in there.....I'm noticing a considerable decrease in the number of 2011 dime boxes here in western PA. They hit the system all at once here in the May/June timeframe, and I found nothing but solid boxes for weeks. Boxes are now returning to normal (1-2 per $250 average).

HH,
cuttybce

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yikes! I got a solid 2011P box too earlier this month, but lately the rest are circulated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread