2012 starts with silver!

animal

Aug 18, 2007
arlington texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250, Garrett GTI 2500 and Minelab Excalibur 800
My first hunt of the year was at an old house. I got to the house and started across the yard first signal was an aluminum signal that I passed the second signal was a quarter signal which I dug. I was shocked that my very first hole dug was a 1962 quarter. I dug a couple other signals a penny then another quarter signal. A 1941 quarter third coin of the year. How could it start any better? I ended up finding another 1946 dime some wheat's and misc goodies. On my second hunt I found a 1936 and a 1945 quarter, a 1943s dime which ( I think) my be an inverted s and an rpm- re punched mint mark??? and a mystery copper. It looks to be very old and not American. I all so added some mystery pieces from December. The large silver piece is marked taxco with an R maker mark and 950. The spike has me totally stumped. I found it at a very old spot Ive hunted before. I need help iding these or they will allways be a mystery(HELP) I hope everybody has a good year in the field or waves.

Attachments

• 12-30-11.jpg
    12-30-11.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 654
  • mystery spike.jpg
    mystery spike.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 662
  • first.jpg
    first.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 636
  • 2nd hunt.jpg
    2nd hunt.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 644
  • 12-30-11.jpg
    12-30-11.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 655
  • mystery spike.jpg
    mystery spike.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 654
  • S\'S.jpg
    S\'S.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 652
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
taxco silver is very collectable, you probably shouldn't melt it until you find out whatit is

HH
-GC

ossi

Nov 3, 2011
Pannonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO INTERNATIONAL (Nel hunter)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The spike has me totally stumped.

Wild guess: golf marker? Is it big enough for that? Initials would ID whose it was.

Is the reverse of the Taxco plain as well? I agree, needs more research - what is it? :dontknow:

Neat finds!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that 1936 quarter plain? If it is a "D" then it could have some more value.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds indeed! :hello2:

GoldenDreams

Greenie
Dec 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
animal said:
My first hunt of the year was at an old house. I got to the house and started across the yard first signal was an aluminum signal that I passed the second signal was a quarter signal which I dug. I was shocked that my very first hole dug was a 1962 quarter. I dug a couple other signals a penny then another quarter signal. A 1941 quarter third coin of the year. How could it start any better? I ended up finding another 1946 dime some wheat's and misc goodies. On my second hunt I found a 1936 and a 1945 quarter, a 1943s dime which ( I think) my be an inverted s and an rpm- re punched mint mark??? and a mystery copper. It looks to be very old and not American. I all so added some mystery pieces from December. The large silver piece is marked taxco with an R maker mark and 950. The spike has me totally stumped. I found it at a very old spot Ive hunted before. I need help iding these or they will allways be a mystery(HELP) I hope everybody has a good year in the field or waves.
Kinda thought the spike thing your talking about looked like a key with end kinda deteriated off, but I wouldn't know what the initials stood for?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread