2013 NIFC, plus odds and ends

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Found a 2013 NIFC today, my first. It's pretty amazing that someone would pay for a roll of these from the mint and then it ends up in my roll on August 2nd of 2013. Found a total of 11 NIFC's from 3 boxes today. Speaking of boxes, I way upped my box total to...... 3 this week. I've got 3 more coming next week. Today's 3 boxes yielded a '64 reverse ender and two '67's. I've done 31 boxes so far and this is my first '64 and my 8th and 9th 40%ers. Ironically I also have found a Franklin in a MWR, a reverse ender. So out of 31 boxes I've never found a 90%er that WASN'T an ender.

Scrounged up 13 other 40%ers this week by driving way, way, way too far.....

In dimes I found a 2001 Canadian volunteer dime. I think they made a quarter BILLION of them, but I'd never seen one before so I thought it was cool.

A couple of weeks ago I found 20 mint wrapped rolls of NIFC. I doubt they'll ever have any real value, but I'm having a hard time talking myself into dumping them. Any thoughts on whether to keep them or dump them?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow already a 2013? Thats sweet-
I hit a jackpot of nifcs as well tonight- almost a complete set only missing a 2002D, 2004P and the 2012s
But still no AG :(

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that came FROM the mint. Pretty sure the mint just dumps those into circulation if they don't sell them to collectors. (Prob just sell them to the Fed Reserve for face value). Anyone know if that's the case?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that came FROM the mint. Pretty sure the mint just dumps those into circulation if they don't sell them to collectors. (Prob just sell them to the Fed Reserve for face value). Anyone know if that's the case?

I doubt it but you never know:-)

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Perhaps that is the case when the product goes off sale via the Mint, but the 2013 bags and rolls are still sold at a substantial premium over the seigniorage they would earn by selling to the Fed for face. What has likely happened in Twitch's case, is either someone stole daddy's coins and dumped them or daddy himself tossed the enders and any imperfect coins from the roll while keeping the others.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Put them on ebay/Craig's List
Starting bid $15/ roll plus shipping and handling
see if you get any takers
you might, and if you don't....dump them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread