2013 series 1 dollar bill with a star?

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EE012738-22BD-4418-B49F-7D62DC1E97DF.jpeg

I was looking at dollar bills instead of coins this time. I felt like I needed a little change in what I look at. I came across this in my wallet. Itā€™s got a star in the number. I donā€™t know what that means, but I decided to hang onto it.

Someone also wrote 25 on the left side. I donā€™t think itā€™s valuable.

Still, I thought it was interesting. Just wanted to share.

Jared

Upvote 4

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find...a star note. Collectible.

aj

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that a star means that that serial number was destroyed for some reason and re-issued?

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildcat is right. Star notes, as they are called, are replacement notes that have been damaged in the making process. Some are very valuable. If it had a really low serial #, or what is called a ladder. Ex; 12344321, or repeater 11112222. It would be worth more. If you find a couple that the #'s are sequential, and in like new condition, they would also have value. Yours is in bad shape, has a tear, and sorry to say, is worth a dollar. Spend it.

Look at these:

Attachments

• CIMG0813.jpg
    CIMG0813.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildcat is right. Star notes, as they are called, are replacement notes that have been damaged in the making process. Some are very valuable. If it had a really low serial #, or what is called a ladder. Ex; 12344321, or repeater 11112222. It would be worth more. If you find a couple that the #'s are sequential, and in like new condition, they would also have value. Yours is in bad shape, has a tear, and sorry to say, is worth a dollar. Spend it.

Look at these:

I see what you mean, thank you for pointing that out. Still, at least Iā€™m keeping an eye out for these types of things!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely have a very good eye for spotting that star,thank you for sharing .Yes being in this forum for me is like being in school because I learn something new every day

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely have a very good eye for spotting that star,thank you for sharing .Yes being in this forum for me is like being in school because I learn something new every day

Same here. I learn something new every day too.

By the way, I noticed you have an electric guitar in your profile picture. Thatā€™s cool! I play acoustic ukulele myself!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's neat to collect a few of the smaller denominations. It can be expensive if you start saving the $ 100.00 star notes !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions