jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many mints from around the world produce high quality bullion priced coins which often feature rotating designs and carry limited mintages. In most cases, these are available for a modest premium above the spot price of silver during the year of release. While not generally the lowest premium method for acquiring silver bullion, these coins provide a showcase of the variety and artistry available from the mints, which should be pleasing to coin collectors and bullion investors alike.

2013 Silver Bullion Coins From Around the World ? World Mint News Blog

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Silver Britannia coins
without the old ladies pic on it though :tongue3:

compare-450x239.jpg

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the silver britannias too. Recently I've started collecting world crown sized coins. They aren't bullion and some command quite a premium, but I find them to be neat. I realize that they are probably going to end up being lousy investments. But there is just something cool about holding a Mexican 8 reales coin from the 1700's or a real crown from Great Britain. I can imagine that some bullion buyers would get a similar feeling from holding world bullion coins over plain old private mint rounds.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Britannia's are great coins. A few years ago I got some gold proof Britannia coins. For some reason here they are treated like second class citizens (like the old US Art coin medallions and such), but that is good because the premiums are very low and they are great looking coins. The gold Britannias had some copper in them (1989 and before), and then they switched to silver as the non gold part of the coin (1990 and later). You can see a difference in the hue between them, the ones with copper have a more reddish hue. I think I like those a bit better, but they are all great.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions