Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
As I see silver down near the $6-$7 oz. mark, it just won't be worth my time to up the volume. I expect to see more dumped collections though.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a doubt...more! The prices will go back up, may not be tomorrow or next year, but the WILL go back up. Start stockpiling.

Cory

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully more. I doubt I searched $2000 worth of coin in 2013.

Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defiantly adding more volume! I have to make up for taking the last 3 years off. Just added 2 more pickup banks yesterday.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a job, it is a hobby, just remember that folks, you're not going to get rich off of CRH unless you stumble across a once in a lifetime score. I probably spent more on gasoline this year than the silver I found between road tripping, picking up and dumping.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a job, it is a hobby, just remember that folks, you're not going to get rich off of CRH unless you stumble across a once in a lifetime score. I probably spent more on gasoline this year than the silver I found between road tripping, picking up and dumping.

Exac. But what I'm seeing are a lot of free money/get rich quick types entering the hobby and not acting logically. Most people would be better off just finding 5-10 more hours of work a week but not thinking critically about it.

Myself, I'm lowering my volume. Some moron shut down my best branch so I don't want to do 4x the driving for the same results.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted lowering my volume as well; however, I am keeping my normal volume. Since there wasn't a "keep the same volume" vote, I couldn't say that I was upping my volume.
I agree with all you say, most people are coming into this as the "get rich quick" types.
I was at my pickup bank getting my weekly order when a guy walks in and asks about ordering half dollars. As I was sitting waiting for my half dollars I heard the teller supervisor tell him, "they don't make half dollars anymore and we cannot order them". The guy bought a box of pennies and left. She then brought out my halves and we both just rolled our eyes. He also asked for CWR's so he can bring back the coins... another big NO in this hobby.
Exac. But what I'm seeing are a lot of free money/get rich quick types entering the hobby and not acting logically. Most people would be better off just finding 5-10 more hours of work a week but not thinking critically about it.

Myself, I'm lowering my volume. Some moron shut down my best branch so I don't want to do 4x the driving for the same results.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I see silver down near the $6-$7 oz. mark, it just won't be worth my time to up the volume. I expect to see more dumped collections though.

Thats short term thinkin there fistfulladirt- gotta think long term and just keep stacking

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might up just a bit but probably not for a couple months-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll up my volume especially in nickels and halves.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dont forget the treats. The money I have spent on gas and time and treats is alot more than I have found.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Up the volume, the pay off is in the future, not now, it's called "investing". HH, Maverick.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will defiantly be upping my volume, especially after finding a bank that will let me dump $5,000 in loose halves at one time through their machine behind the counter. I will be keeping record of every cent (nickel, dime, quarter, and half too) searched in 2014, I didn't do this for 2013 and I am so curious how much I searched through to obtain my little stash of AG.

Happy hunting to all in 2014

And happy New Year!!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm cutting back have been for the last few months. I hate waisting hours upon hours for a few 40%ers.

I'm only doing 2 boxes a week now and if i have time i have 2 more banks that say i can go in whenever to get some halves.

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well 50....I'm going caraaazzzy in 2014...I'm going to 6 boxes a week up from 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread