๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack ร— 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a park here in asheville north carolina for an hour before the rain. With coinmaster gt and sun ray inline pinpointer. $2.38 in clad and usual pull tabs. No gold and silver today but maybe tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20150112_155846.png

Upvote 8

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds thanks for sharing. Hopefully theres gold and silver in your near future.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wish we could detect the state parks, it is only in designated sites and only on a few parks

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smittyman and I hunted a park in Asheville last year. If I remember correctly one of us got a barber dime. Get off the beaten path as the parks are pounded to death. Get up in the oddball spots like in the woods or way at the furthest edges and see if you have any better luck. If you're after jewelry then the sports fields would be the way to go.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, hit the oddball places, i had some good luck at a park near the woods once, however, with Smittyman and beez snatching up all the goods like gophers ya might be outta luck lol jk!!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wish we could detect the state parks, it is only in designated sites and only on a few parks

Can you tell us more about hunting in Ark ?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds my man.

Watch out for Beez & Smittyman, they aint very pretty, but they sure are good!

GL&HH!

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that it's illegal to metal detect in NC "state" parks and local parks can be dicey too depending on the rangers. I would definitely check to be sure. The park that Beez and I hunted was local and no one gave us a second look but that could have been dumb luck. As far as the Barber dime I remember it too and I was not the fortunate finder.

OP
OP
WNCsweeper

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.... I could of worded it better. 2015 start.... Local Park

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm just curious here but in Maine we need a permit for any state park. And....if we find anything on state property that's over 100years old it's to be turned into the state. I am by no means questioning you op as you clarified but I'm curious as to the laws of other states. Thanks

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm just curious here but in Maine we need a permit for any state park. And....if we find anything on state property that's over 100years old it's to be turned into the state. I am by no means questioning you op as you clarified but I'm curious as to the laws of other states. Thanks

I have a curiosity too. Just how does Maine enforce such a "rule"?

Land of the free? Not any more.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a curiosity too. Just how does Maine enforce such a "rule"?

Land of the free? Not any more.

Well I have a connection at the state. I brought this up to him. First off I don't believe there's one person at the state house that even knows this "law" exists. He laughed a little when I asked him how they would react when I dropped a bag full of 200 year old trash on the front steps lol. Let's just say they don't take this too seriously or care much about it. I believe it is more in place so if any "significant" recovery was made that's important to Maines history they would like to record it. Let's just say they don't have and treasure cops running around looking in my backpack lol

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're lucky you can still dig. We're frozen in for the long run up here. Hopefully within 2 years, I'll be moving down you're way. Good bye frozen NY !!!

CarolinaCurt

Jan 2, 2015
Pittsboro,NC
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC l l b, Nautilus l l , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi WNCSweeper,
IT is illegal to hunt in NC state parks. If your caught by the right ranger who wants to pursue the state law to its fullest extent, the fine is $10000.00, jail time and they may go into your home and confiscate "All " of your artifacts. So, if I were you i would stay away from state parks. Oh by the way gals and guys, never mention looking on state parks on the web, because you never know who may be reading your artical...AKA an offical who will know the laws better than we do.

PS
This happened to two relic hunters about 25 years ago,who were hunting on grounds of The Battle of Guilford Court House in NC. So please don't try it, it's not worth it.

OP
OP
WNCsweeper

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger