2020 is “pointing” in the right direction

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one month in and I’ve got a couple of killer points! I went out this morning before taking my son to school and found this bad boy! I think I’ve got myself another table rock here..

This was under rapid water so it was purely the color that caught my eye. I moved it with the stick a little first and saw that the shape looked about right so I figured it was worth getting my hand wet and cold to check it out...

Enjoy!

818316BB-198E-4470-8B17-D4BC8EDF5237.jpg
D64708DB-1C97-4823-9E69-1E12AB9AD883.jpg
B746DF7A-DFF2-4C5A-908C-393DDF83EF14.jpeg

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep, looking good alright. Congratulations :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing with all the Indian activity in my area Ive yet to find just one. Those are really cool looking do you find most of them in or by the water<? Great post Thanks foir sharing those. Tommy

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing with all the Indian activity in my area Ive yet to find just one. Those are really cool looking do you find most of them in or by the water<? Great post Thanks foir sharing those. Tommy

I do most of my hunting in creeks because they can be productive but I also just love being knee deep in a creek! As far as where to look, just try to imagine that you were a native and where you would want to live. From there, you gotta find a spot where artifacts would also be exposed by farm equipment, erosion or washed into a creek.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The man or men who made these were skilled and used them no doubt to improve their existence. You made a great find, congrats.

Thanks! What I love about this hobby is the connection to the past and the people who used them. These tools were everything to them and the craft was passed down and perfected generation after generation.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Those points are sweet. The material is beautiful. I know this question may have been asked, but is that a type of jasper?

****I think you’ve mastered the fast water creek walking in the dark -NA Artifact hunting method.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those points are sweet. The material is beautiful. I know this question may have been asked, but is that a type of jasper?

****I think you’ve mastered the fast water creek walking in the dark -NA Artifact hunting method.

I think it would be fair to say I’ve mastered creek hunting at night! :)

I’m not sure what kind of material it is. I would say that it is either heat treated Burlington or kaolin chert. I don’t think that jasper is common around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread