Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting in February, I can't believe it! I have some good friends down the road who got married last summer, and now have a baby on the way. Last night Amy called me and said her hubby Brad had been working on a car in the garage, washed his hands, and was shaking the water off as he exited the garage. Ting! The ring flew off, bounced off the garage wall and was gone into the snow.

I have never detected in snow before, and I have to say that even though it's fairly cold outside (-29C, -20F), the AT Pro and Propointer held up very well, despite the headphone cable being very stiff. Thankfully the snow in their backyard is only a foot or so deep, I dialled back the sensitivity thinking the ring shouldn't be too deep. Around the metal garage door I got so much chatter, especially from the door itself. I did sort of hear something good in the mix, but it was nearly pointless. SO I decided to just plunge into the snow with the pinpointer and bam, 4 inches deep there was his white gold wedding band.

My six yr old daughter came to assist me, and was happy to see the ring too. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424306843.508395.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424306863.998066.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424306890.061051.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424306918.071742.jpg This is only my second gold ring ever, and my first ring return! Now I'm all jacked up to detect...April can't come soon enough!

I'm the bearded guy on the left btw.

Upvote 9
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey J. Funny I swapped my center shaft bact to the od version, as I break mine down often for back pack purposes, it's quicker, the tiny bit of wobble doesn't bother me, and a few grams lighter means a lot to me. With a bad snapping cracking shoulder every ounce or a few grams matters to me. I guess if you want a back-up machine it's fine to get another whole unit, but seems costly for just a center shaft ?

I was hoping to get another as a backup. If the one I have breaks down I'm in trouble. It takes a while to get things shipped up through customs. Actually I'm thinking I should get a different kind for a second detector, diversify a bit. Deus, Minelab...I can't decide haha. At least I know I love my ATPro...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great job! another happy face

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my buddy was in Jamaica last week. Long story short he had to ask a local diver with a metal detector to locate his ring on the ocean floor. The same ring I found and returned to him in this story a couple months ago. I think he needs to gain weight, get the ring sized, or get his own metal detector haha!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
If your bud ever loses that ring again he should have to find it himself, third times a charm!

It's his way of saying he wants a detector I think

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread