Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link to a site that has a 2300MAH AA battery for sale. They are sold in 4 packs and you can get a charger. They will last longer than any alkaline battery in your machine. This is a good price. I will not get any at this time because my new machine came with a battery and charger. Maybe in the winter when the batteries don,t last as long.

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=CES10699

Ed Donovan

Jim-MI

Mar 28, 2005
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon
I purchased those batteries and also the 9v for my cz-20, I love em. they will discharge by themselves if not used so there not so good for flashlights,smoke detectors or a radio thats seldom used. you can recharge them over 1000 times though. there worth the cost!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uniross now do 2700 mAh AA's and there's industrial grade 2900 AA's around so all the lower power batteries should take a real drop in price.
Best thing is to wait till you need them then do an internet search for the best price.

OP
OP
Born2Dtect

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen new rechargeables up to 3200 MAH. On another point, I know that you should not use Heavy Duty Alkalines in your detector. Is the industrial grade rechargeables along the same line. Does anyone know. I would want to know before I bought the new rechargeables. Note, I would buy your batteries from a reputable dealer, watch out for discounters as they sometimes get seconds and item that have problems. Last Christmas I bought a 48 pack of AA batteries from a discounter, 14 batteries were bad or low voltage. Just chalked it up to a lesson learned.

Ed D.

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
I build high power 5 watt Luxeon LED Flashlights for law enforcement & mainly use rechargeable lithium ion batteries & get my batteries from China,Taiwan or korea but I recently came upon a bunch of $5.00 coupons for Rayovac NIMH 2100 MAH batteries & so after the coupon at Walmart the 4 pack of AA's was only $3.97before taxes. the Hybrids are nice batteries as the new technology in them make them hold a charge up to 4X longer than standard NIMH batteries. Also,just because the pack says that the battery is rated 2700,2800,..... & up MAH it may not be true and most likely is not "Especially the no-name & 3200 MAH batteries especially if they are AA's as there are no batteries made at that rate.This is a Web-site I belong to & a lot can be learned about batteries from this site & also some great deals can also be had!!....... Thanks

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/?Cat=

Willy

Well, I picked up 4- 9v NiMH batteries from, I believe, The Battery Bus (online), and they are superior to what I can get in the stores. The actually read at 9v on the detector and, at 250 MAh, they beat the pants off store bought (also 1/2 the price). ..Willy.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed

The industrial rechargables work fine in detectors and guarantee they will provide at least 2900 mAh but are claimed to charge up to 3200 after several charges. I wonder if they are the type you have seen.

OP
OP
Born2Dtect

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True simonbaker. If you detector takes akalines and has a rechargeable battery pack of the same size, it can be assumed that the unit will work OK. Example my EXP II has an 8 AA alkaline battery pack and a rechargeable pack of the same size. You can replace the alkaline batteries with rechargeables if they are the same MAH rating or higher. Don,t over look the new gel call rechargeables, they are the future and look very good. Any time you are in doubt, contact the manufacturer, they will let you know about their detectors.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread