24kt .9999 gold & a large 925 ring with amber

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
24kt .9999 gold & a large 925 ring with amber

Hey to everyone!! :D

Happy Labor day to those in the States!
I took advantage of the day off and got out close to home for some swinging good times. I hit a park play area that I've never searched and 3 schools play areas that I did search last August. It was a beautiful day out there and I worked it hard and keep busy.

At the park, there was one woodchip play area, no swings, kind of small, but I found some coins there and near a ladder to the play structure, a had an area that I got a bunch of signals. They were all little charms, maybe 8 or 9 of them, maybe shoe fobs??? It was a fun find. They are pretty but none are marked so I guess they are trinket jewelry.

Moved on to the first school, two nice play structures and a swingset. Nothing found at the swingset, not one signal but the play areas were productive. At the second play area, I got a great find, an earring with that bright gold color. It's a flower and leaf design. When I got home there are two hallmarks. The first is an asian symbol of some sort, a maker mark maybe and the second is the best .9999 with the fourth 9 half the size of the other three. Now that's pure Gold!!!! It's pretty big for an earring, maybe 1/2" long and I estimate it weighs about 3 or 4 grams. I'll weigh it tomorrow at work. Wooowhooo!!! I had never found a pure gold item until last weekend, now I have two!! Very exciting. It was next to the slide so probably a mother playing with her kids lost it. Thank you!

The second school had only one kind of small play area. I found some coins and a junque ring and then a family came to let their kids play. The smallest kid took a nose dive off the play structure and was screaming for about 20 minutes so I wrapped it up and moved on.

The third school had several nice play structures and swing areas. I covered them all 100%. The finds weren't real plentiful, but they were consistant enough to keep my interest and I persevered. Near the end, I found a cool 925 ring in the middle of the play area, an open area between paly structures. It's marked 925 and has a large Amber cab stone. It's pretty and ugly...lol. Must have been made during the Jurasic Park movie hype??

When I got home and was cleaning up the finds, I got a surprize, a silver Washington quarter, a 1964 D. I didn't notice I had found it, must of been one of the coins found on top, just under the surface and thought it was another new clad quarter... lots of quarters today, 29 of them.

The totals for the day were 5 hours hunt time, 146 coins for a $11.58 face value, pretty good for searching schools I covered 1 year ago. Some nice keepers ;D, love the 999 goldie!!

Lots of trinkets today, I think about 13 pendant/fobs, 2 earrings, a cool junque ring, a chain, a hot wheels truck, a 5/16" socket, and 2 Chuck E Cheese tokens 2004 & 2002.

It was a fun day out there on this bonus holiday hunt. Thanks for reading, HH to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

All my finds

Keepers aug 3rd.jpg
Keeper marks.jpg

My keepers...wooowhooo!
03AUG07 T1.jpg
03AUG07 F1.jpg

Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: 24kt .9999 gold & a large 925 ring with amber

FANTASTIC! Heck of an earring collection going there.
I'm a sap for amber. LOL

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI

Very nice!!!!!!

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great day. Congratulations :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bdoo,
Sounds like you have a gold rush up there in Michigan! Congrats on the 2nd pure gold piece in two weeks.
Very nice job.
Any pictures of the kid who took the nose dive? :o
Glad you had a productive holiday.
-MM-

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Nice finds, BDoo. Looks like you strip mine every school you hunt. That's how you get the gold.

Do you think that's real amber in the ring? I found a .925 ring this year with real amber in it.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job on the loot!

Ice Fishin Nut

Jul 28, 2007
Algonac, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Nice Job!!!! Save some for Saturday will ya??? ;D

Was at the Peach Festival today, if I would have known you were going out, I would have brought my 250 and joined you!!!!

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

Sweet rings! I love finding rings but there not too many of them in the woods where I usually hunt ;D Congrats on a great day.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

nice bob !!! i don't know how ya do it.... i had one good day in da chips !! you have good days all the time !! all the best my friend....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gold ! silver ! and coins ! excellent day Bdoo congrats ;)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

SUPER SWEET DAY!!! Congrats on the pure gold and a beautiful ring!

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil

Another great day for you, congratulations. You must live in a big city to gind all those goodies!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Bobby, you never disappoint! Congrats on the pure goldie and the silver ring. Way to go on the other stuff too.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

tymcmurray said:
FANTASTIC! Heck of an earring collection going there.
I'm a sap for amber. LOL

Hi Ty! Thanks buddy, it was a fun day and the 24 kt thing was cool.
Yes, a lot of earrings, especially if you include the trinket ones,
probably over 200 this year.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

waseeker said:
great day. Congratulations :D

Definitely, it was!! Thanks for stopping in waseeker!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

ModernMiner said:
Bdoo,
Sounds like you have a gold rush up there in Michigan! Congrats on the 2nd pure gold piece in two weeks.
Very nice job.
Any pictures of the kid who took the nose dive? :o
Glad you had a productive holiday.
-MM-

Hi MM!! Thanks buddy, it was a really small signal, just caught the tip of it on my swingpath, but I dig every signal in all metal in the chips with the ole TR machine, most of the time it's a small bit of foil, but sometimes like this, I hit paydirt.

I didn't see him fall as I was concentrating. I had detected over half the play area when they pulled up. I dig with a bayonette so I get really nervous when little kids are around, afraid they will run into my knife. In that case I try to keep it against my waist parallel to my pouch. I think he went off the end of the slide?

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Captn_SE said:
Nice finds, BDoo. Looks like you strip mine every school you hunt. That's how you get the gold.

Do you think that's real amber in the ring? I found a .925 ring this year with real amber in it.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Hiya Captn!!

Don't know if it's real. It seems very lightweight so I guess it is. I think it's must be like coffee, an acquired liking, because I think it's kind of an ugly "stone" to have in a ring. Take care buddy, thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread