$25 in Pennies

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I had the day off yesterday so I decided to hunt some pennies. I hit my local branch and got a box, I opened it on the way home and it was solid 2010 Ps. So, I stopped at another branch and got a box. Opened it on the way and it was solid 2010 Ps!

I hit a 3rd bank (not a member of this bank) and got a 3rd box. I opened it and it was not new coins. It was strange though because the wrappers were all clear. It was a Brinks box.

So, I got 21 wheats including a 1917, 1918, and 1935. It was a fun box. I set aside the dates that I like to check for die varieties so I still have them to check. I also got several BU cents from the 60's.

HH!
JasonB

Upvote 0

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason,
Great score on wheats. Any box that gives up 20+ is good in my book!
Nice mix,
Steve

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score on the wheats. I avg about 10 to 12 a box :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH.Miner

OP
OP
JasonB

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
My average is much less also, 8-10 per box. I think I'll try this bank again and see if I can repeat my luck.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the wheaties :icon_thumleft:
Funny how the adds in coin world are still trying to sell rolls of 2010's for $3.95, but I guess people are still buying them or the price would come down :dontknow:
HH,
Legend

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Does it seem like it's common to get wheats from the teens, twenties, & thirties out on the east coast? I do penny boxes occasionally and I get usually 40's & 50's. Haven't gotten early ones in a long time. Is this generally true that east coast penny boxes are better from earlier dates? Despite 40's & 50's, I do get a lot of "S" mints because of where I live but I would like to get earlier wheats too.

sensesfailed069

Jul 18, 2010
I think in general the East Coast is a bit better for finding some older coins, but when you search in high volume on either coast your bound to find some oldies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread