$250 in dimes total

Navyguy

Greenie
Jan 20, 2012
Chicago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it through $250 this morning. All were N.F. STRING & SON. I had 8 keepers. Anyone else having luck with these like this? I am getting ready to head out and buy them out. I'm thinking about getting their quarters just to test the water. I tried to add a pic but apparently the ipad2 can't do it. I'll have to get the laptop out later.
hh,
Troy

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow - 8 keepers from one box is great! :icon_thumright:

I only search Brinks dime boxes myself and so far my best box was 4 keepers (3 Rosie's & 1 Merc) just earlier this month.

Good luck - hope you can get more boxes like that one! :)

H$H

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Navyguy said:
Made it through $250 this morning. All were N.F. STRING & SON. I had 8 keepers. Anyone else having luck with these like this? I am getting ready to head out and buy them out. I'm thinking about getting their quarters just to test the water. I tried to add a pic but apparently the ipad2 can't do it. I'll have to get the laptop out later.
hh,
Troy

Quarters dont pay out as good as dimes. If you cant get dimes, it cant hurt to do quarters. I usually go this route.

Halves
Dimes
Nickels
Quarters

That is how they pay out for me.

I did $1500 in quarters yesterday and I got a lousy Canadian Quarter.

OP
OP
N

Navyguy

Greenie
Jan 20, 2012
Chicago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I'll use that when I head to the bank today. Also is it safe to dump and buy at the same bank until I am sure I have cleaned them out? I haven't seen the same tellers yet so I am feeling good about it?

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
As a general rule it is best not to dump & p/u @ the same bank unless you have est. a good enough relationship with the head/vault teller @ the bank and you are sure they have no problem with it. I actually sometimes do dump & p/u Brinks dime boxes @ the same banks but the head tellers at these banks know me well enough by now and they have told me it is no problem and they usually always have plenty of extra boxes. :)

Good luck & HH!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Navyguy said:
Thanks for the info. I'll use that when I head to the bank today. Also is it safe to dump and buy at the same bank until I am sure I have cleaned them out? I haven't seen the same tellers yet so I am feeling good about it?

I have picked up and dropped off at the same bank but I was searching brinks boxes of quarters and dimes. I would take them out, search them, put them back in their rolls, take them back and exchange for an unopened box. Otherwise I wont do it.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The_EE said:
Navyguy said:
hh,
Troy

Quarters dont pay out as good as dimes. If you cant get dimes, it cant hurt to do quarters. I usually go this route.

Halves
Dimes
Nickels
Quarters

That is how they pay out for me.

I did $1500 in quarters yesterday and I got a lousy Canadian Quarter.

Plus - Quarters are the easiest to do it you have clear wraps and by far the easiest to get rid of.
Minus - Toughest to find keepers in.

I personally do not want to do paper wrapped coins if I can help it.

tand324

Sep 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got a string box of dimes the other day, not a single keeper, so silver, no foreign!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread