250 or 350?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes! Better coil and machine. If you have any questions feel free to contact me! Thanks!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 350 is more than twice the detector the 250 is. Read about it on Garrett's site. :read2:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blake29501

Apr 2, 2011
Florence, SC
had my 350 about a month and im already wanting to upgrade. i guess its good for the price but i buried my 1899 barber quarter to see what kind of depth i could get, it was good up to 5 or 6 inches but any deeper it gave a terrible signal that i normally wouldnt take the time to try to dig. i want to upgrade so i can get more solid, deeper and accurate signals. i recommend the ace 350 for a kid

Seaadventure

Greenie
Mar 2, 2011
Just got my 350. I was getting giddy with glee that it was working as was described. I had a Garrett back in the 70's it was a great one also.
I have a question about it here?.

My 350 was showing on the scale, that I had a half dollar or Dollar silver coin in the ground.
So far, I haven't been disappointed as to the readings.
I'm starting to feel a little tingle shoot though my blood vessels, my hands dropping my new 350 to go into a mad search for this new found Silver Dollar, dirt was flying to and fro the land scape changed (In my Back yard). I'm thinking, I can now buy quality beer tonight. My fiancee will love me for who I am not for the riches' I find. Life is Great!!! I will make the papers with this puppy!! I threw dirt like Tiger Woods heaves divots with a mighty swing. I dug till I pulled most of the main roots out from a 100 year old tree. I sifted through the sand for a good 15 min.

I had found one lone penny what gives?? My dreams are Dashed!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Seaadventure said:
Just got my 350. I was getting giddy with glee that it was working as was described. I had a Garrett back in the 70's it was a great one also.
I have a question about it here?.

My 350 was showing on the scale, that I had a half dollar or Dollar silver coin in the ground.
So far, I haven't been disappointed as to the readings.
I'm starting to feel a little tingle shoot though my blood vessels, my hands dropping my new 350 to go into a mad search for this new found Silver Dollar, dirt was flying to and fro the land scape changed (In my Back yard). I'm thinking, I can now buy quality beer tonight. My fiancee will love me for who I am not for the riches' I find. Life is Great!!! I will make the papers with this puppy!! I threw dirt like Tiger Woods heaves divots with a mighty swing. I dug till I pulled most of the main roots out from a 100 year old tree. I sifted through the sand for a good 15 min.

I had found one lone penny what gives?? My dreams are Dashed!
When my 250 or 1500 would read a dollar i always knew it was not.......... It was for the most part a penny , dime , or quarter......... Then a lot of times just junk.........

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I used the Garrett Ace 350, I found it did not handle trashy areas well at all and the TID screen was very jumpy.

Sorry, I just wasn't impressed with the Ace and sold it.

But there are a lot of people who love theirs, so maybe it was just me. I don't know.

OP
OP
H

HoosierPirates

Mar 22, 2011
Central Indiana
seaadveturer... I get like that when mine says I have a dime/quarter... most of the time it's a penny. 50% of the time, pennies read as dime/quarters notch on my 350.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
The real difference is a larger dd coil and more iron notches. But this is at the expense of lesser division of higher notches. The larger dd coil is great for open or highly mineralized soil. But if your a coin shooter in black soil the 250 will be all you need. Also the 350's dd coil will pick up more bottle caps than the elliptical concentric coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread