250 versus 350

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my 250 with the sniper coil..Am looking into a new detector tho...Does the the 350 out perform the 250 depth wise???? Is it as lite???? What about the AT PRO???? Kinda like the water proof thing...Would love to hear some opinions on these 3 detectors.....I have several other detectors, but I was so impressed with the 250 for the price....Thanks for any reply's.......Please give some pro's, and con's on the ones above you have used....Tom

BTW. my big green Garret 1350 just sits in the closet, too heavy, and falses a lot...

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son has a 250 and about a year ago he put the DD coil on it . Increased the searching area and goes just as deep as my two $700 + detectors. From what I can see the 350 is a 250 with DD coil. Screen on 350 doesn't have separate 10 cent. It comes down to what you want to spend. Upgrading to a AT Pro can run you $599 with same DD coil as 350. Another $80 dollars you can get 1500. Unless you really need or want a second machine to save money get a DD coil on you 250 and a pro pinpionter. A new 350 won't be a big change too your 250 other than larger coil. Big decisions to make.

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a 250 and bought a 10x14" DD Excelerator Search Coil from kellyco and it really increased my search depth. i dug a shotgun shell 16" down. but it does not filter out trash from treasure as well as the stock coil. but if you want depth then go with the excelerator coil.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the only real noticeable difference between the 2 machines is the price and the 3 :laughing9:

Why pay an extra $100 to have a different logo :dontknow: :tongue3:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 350 has a better DD coil and a bit different freq.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have read, even with a different frequency, there isn't much of a difference to warrant an additional $100 to the price tag :dontknow:

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
The fact that the 350 is not yellow warrants a 100 bean difference in price :)

I love my little yellow fellow............

Dec 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought the 350 Ace with DD coil brand new last month. I also bought at the same time the Sea Hunter Mark II. I live on the beach in SW Florida. I bought the 350 Ace with the Garrett Pinpointer for $400. It is great in the sand, but it is horrible in the wet sand unless you put the sensitivity down to like zero, because the salt water and mineralization does so many false readings. It is literally ALWAYS beeping. It is great in the DRY sand. The thing I like best about the 350 is you can notch out (discriminate out) whatever you don't want to dig. The first two notches are IRON, which the beach I live on is full of iron. I have used it over the past month about 10 times I spend everyday in the water with the Sea Hunter. I am honestly going to sell the 350 and upgrade to the Minelab Sovereign GT which can go in shallow salt water. Garrett says the 350 can go in shallow salt water, unless I am missing something it can't. However the 350 can go down at least a foot or more. It shows only 8" on the display, but I found a copper bracelet with cz's in it about 16" deep in dry white sand. I also found a 925 Italian Steling Silver quartz cross pendent about a foot down. Neither one of these items are worth much, but it will find stuff. What I do like is the option to use headphones or not. I honestly have not even taken the headphones out of the package. The Sea Hunter you have to wear headphones. The 350 is very light. It is better than a beginner detector and the best in the series. Don't buy the AT Pro it's twice as much and it does the same false readings in salt water. If you are just going to do sand beaches the 350 Ace with DD's is fantastic with the audible speaker and digital display. It's just the hot sand on my feet I don't like. Also the Garrett Pinpointer is a must for the dry sand, but is useless in the wet sand. If anyone is interested in the ACE 350 bought in January and the Garrett Pinpointer I will sell them for $300 plus free shipping. That's $100 off what I paid for them both last month. It still has the original box and manuals and dvd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread