2500 GTI on the Beach

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago I was down in San Diego, La Jolla Beach. Ran into a few people that were detecting also. I am posting to relate to anyone that wants to listen on How the 2500 worked. First of all the beach is huge and as some other detectors out there told me the beach has been worked very well, and you will always find some clad. I just set my 2500 to jewelry setting. Went at it. I did manage to pull some clad about $.64 cents. A small silver locket and of course the pull tabs. Since I was not hearing to much on my outing with the 2500 I decided to break out my Garret Sea Hunter. I believe I pulled up so many nails and junk so much that I reverted back to the 2500. I like both machines but i believe that the Sea Hunter works the best in the water. Where I can't put my 2500 I then go with the Sea Hunter. Just wanted to express my views on both detectors. I Love them both but if I am working dry sand I would Rather go with the 2500. I know that I could be rejecting the rings and all but also rejecting the nails from pallets that the beachgoers leave behind. On that same outing I dug 100 Nails where my 2500 rejected them. This is just my thoughts.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my 2500. One time I thought I would try out another brands top detector. I, and this brings tears to my eyes to say, sold mine to buy the other. I received the others top line machine and hated it. All I could do was think about my 2500 and how easy it was to use. I sold the competitor's top machine the next day and bought myself another GTI 2500. I will never let her go again...."from my cold dead hands"

Just a side note. I only tried to use mine one time at the beach. It worked fine, I found clad but no jewelry probably because there was none where I was looking. I have seen others using there GTI in the dry sand too and all told me that there's worked wonderfully.

I went a few months ago with a friend to a park near his home. He used another brands machine and I used the 2500. Thirty minutes into the hunt I had a pocket of change, he had 13 cents. To me the 2500 is a dream come true.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love my Garrett.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 2500 works great at the beach, I did have one once. (best is 12.5" coil there for deep coins)

But I sold one and went for other brands machines (as you may see on my profile) and I will never look back!

I think the GTI is great for relic and beach hunting but for me thats it.

My pal bought my old GTI and I always find more then him with both machines I have. I Often got 6x more on a 4 hour hunt.

But I guess that has to do with my preferance and my location; the other machines simplly work better for me.

If it works well for you the great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
My GTI 2500 is a killer on the beach (lake) in true all metal mode. It finds a lot of the targets that were out of reach from other detectors, and the GTI 2500 still gives a probable ID, and that is using the stock coil. The 12.5" coil gives me even a little more depth yet. I find the imaging is very addictive, the "drug of the Garretts", and all my other machines I use just don't seem complete without it. My Infinium is a killer in the deep waters, again, getting all the rings & coins others couldn't get.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
John-Edmonton said:
My GTI 2500 is a killer on the beach (lake) in true all metal mode. It finds a lot of the targets that were out of reach from other detectors, and the GTI 2500 still gives a probable ID, and that is using the stock coil. The 12.5" coil gives me even a little more depth yet. I find the imaging is very addictive, the "drug of the Garretts", and all my other machines I use just don't seem complete without it. My Infinium is a killer in the deep waters, again, getting all the rings & coins others couldn't get.
Very true :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Do not own a 2500, but do have a 1500.

Have not done much beach hunting but when I do
it has brought me both gold and silver. No problem
with the sand.

Love the 1500. Go anywhere machine.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

panelman

Mar 2, 2008
Northern WI.
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
I don't have alot of detectors to compare with my 2500. All other detectors were used occasionally. I bought my 2500 last spring and I know I averaged a min of 20 hours a week. If you use it a lot, you will get better with it. My suggestion is to try and get away from all the discrimination stuff and go strickly to true all metal mode. I use the disc modes to check a target after I locate it in all metal. Only bad thing I ever had to say about it is it is heavy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread