2500 treasure talk!

ibbasser123

Feb 9, 2005
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
1500 Garrett
Well my brother just bought a 2500, I bought a 1500 about 2 months ago and have done very well with it. I think he'wanting to kick big Bro's a--!!!!HA HA. But I do have a question about his 2500, I have not seen the machine yet but he say's that there is not a treasure talk setting ( button) on his 2500, would this be possible? or is it a newer or older model, just wondering thanks guys and Merry Christmas and happy hunting!

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my 2500 a year ago last October. I first ordered the instruction video as a way to evaluate it. The instruction video had the "talk" feature. I ordered the machine and it did not. I didn't particulary want that feature, it just wasn't there or in the instruction book..or the new video. A call to Garrett and it was explained (not a direct quote) that the talk was problamitic and was droped. A panel lamp control was put in it's place.
By the way I love mine. I have too many voices in my head anyway. Hope this helps

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
garrett has done away with the treasure talk on their newer models, I use the treasure talk
for the menu/scroll only to change settings on mine, never had a problem with the 2500
i always change the batteries when it looses the first bar on the battery scale for best performace...
both of you will like the 2500 and the 1500 machines.
don't use to much sensitivity on the 2500 you get less false signals that way...

XT18000

May 26, 2008
I hate detectors that talk; cars that talk; women that talk; toy;s that talk;
kids that talk; cards that talk; computers that talk; have I left out anything
that should not be left out !!!!!!!!!

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok already stop talking and go treasure hunting/ talk talk talk ....... :laughing9:

Ibfinding

Greenie
Nov 21, 2007
kansas city
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Bounty Hunter 505
:headbang:I think big bro is a little nervous... I have had a chance to use my 2500 and love it!! Ibbasser
and I are looking forward to a great year of hunting... We both have been using the bounty hunter 505 for
the past several years.. I am actually glad the 2500 doesn't talk Ibbasser does enough of that!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread