270 year old silver coin at the rivers edge!!

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
270 year old silver coin at the river's edge!!

My fellow White's treasure hunters!! We went metal detecting with the VX3 and MXT Pro along the river that wraps around a colonial field....and YAY!! Slung some old old silver, among other amazing relics. Short video, no ads, just sharing for the love of sharing my hunts.
Happy hunting to you all and Happy New Year!!

https://youtu.be/j1hW2GvXM5Y

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job you two ! :occasion14:

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just finished a marathon watching all your and "Tiger's" youtube vids over the last few days. Thank you very much for the quality and content of your videos. The relics/coins/BELLS you guys dig are amazing to me as I just have parks and school grounds to cover where I live and have only ever found 1 button and 1 buckle in the 8 years that I have detected, (thousands of clad coins but only 2 silver...). First time I have been on here since May of 2012 and thanks to your videos I am getting the bug to start detecting again so thanks for that. I don't use a Whites detector but I won't hold that against you, jk8-)... that "Vixen" is a well behaved machine. Take care and HH.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for your message!! There is NOTHING that makes me happier (not even digging a reale or a BELL!!) than hearing one of my videos inspired someone to go out and detect. We are very lucky to live in such an old area that dates back to the early 1700s, which explains why we find so many colonial and post-colonial items....I am so glad to hear you will be hitting parks and school grounds as those can be good also!! I feel silver coming on for you!! Doesn't matter which machine you use....what matters is you're getting out there and having fun (and saving history!). I thank you for watching and wish you many many treasures in 2016!!

Just finished a marathon watching all your and "Tiger's" youtube vids over the last few days. Thank you very much for the quality and content of your videos. The relics/coins/BELLS you guys dig are amazing to me as I just have parks and school grounds to cover where I live and have only ever found 1 button and 1 buckle in the 8 years that I have detected, (thousands of clad coins but only 2 silver...). First time I have been on here since May of 2012 and thanks to your videos I am getting the bug to start detecting again so thanks for that. I don't use a Whites detector but I won't hold that against you, jk8-)... that "Vixen" is a well behaved machine. Take care and HH.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great cinema photography. You know, the best thing he ever found was you. What a great hunting buddy. I wish you both the best. Above and below ground.
What if everybody ran? I seen that on your detector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Danny! I feel so lucky to be with someone who shares my passion about history and detecting....we have the best time EVER on our weekend adventures! And this weekend, with tomorrow being New Year's Day, it's going to be THREE days of detecting, YAY!! If everybody ran, the world would be a lot happier and healthier :) I wish you an amazing 2016 and may you find many treasures!!

Great cinema photography. You know, the best thing he ever found was you. What a great hunting buddy. I wish you both the best. Above and below ground.
What if everybody ran? I seen that on your detector.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video! Just had to dig it out of the closet! Tt

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, lol!
There are quite a few new ones since this one, and I have not been posting my past 3 new ones on this forum as they contain ads, in some cases.
Happy hunting and best of luck in 2017!!

Great video! Just had to dig it out of the closet! Tt

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are a real blessing to the metal detecting hobby and to this forum. In return the forum is a good place for you to get exposure and pick up followers. Would you consider posting previews of your metal detecting adventures on this forum? I think it would be okay to give information at the end where we could go to see the entire video. Thanks, Tt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread