2nd & 3rd box not as good as the first, but still OK

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
2nd & 3rd box not as good as the first, but still OK

As a beginner at this, I found 21 keepers including a 64 90%er in my first 1/2 dollar box. The next two only produced three 40%ers. What a drop. Of course the next two were from a different bank. Also, when I dumped $150 at my bank, half way through, the machine quit and said full. When the teller emptied it, you should have seen the bag of halves she pulled out. It was completely full. This was after the weekend. I guess someone else in my area also checks rolls and dumps them there. My guess, unless some businesses use halves. Wow!!

Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: 2nd & 3rd box not as good as the first, but still OK

sometimes it can take months or even years for a half bag to fill at some banks, it could have had a collection in there.
I have picked up a few bags that were loaded with silver from people dumping collections, It is important to remember that people do use halves and not all halves at banks are "someones dumps" Often its someones deposit!
Often times it takes individuals a few years of change accumulating before they take it in. Granted lower denomination coins fill faster than halves. But they key thing is, just because a bank has a lot of halves, does not mean its a dump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread