2nd best dump ever!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Was dropping off a rolled box today at one of the 6 or 7 branches I rotate through every week or two. The teller asks me "How many more of these do you have?" My first thought was 'oh $#%^, I'm going to lose a dump branch'. So I tell her I usually have one or two a week and ask if the coins are causing her trouble? She says not really, they just have to unroll them all so they can ship them out in bags. I, quite graciously, suggest that if it's easier on them I'd be happy to bring them in in bags instead of rolls. She says that'd be great and hands me an empty bag. My dumping life just got a whole lot better.

The 1st best dump I ever had was last summer. I dumped ~$450 of halves into a machine on a Friday at a branch I don't normally frequent. When I got home I had a message on the phone from the teller who helped me saying they accidentally shorted me $760 (above and beyond the $450 in cash I left with) and that they've deposited into my account and that they were very sorry for the misunderstanding. The branch was already closed on not open on the weekend so I called on Monday wanting to talk to the exact teller who had helped me and explain to her that this is a mistake. Well she was on vacation and would be out all week. I didn't want call out the error to someone else thinking maybe I'd get her in trouble. So I called her right when the bank opened the next Monday and told her that I certainly didn't have $1,200 in halves and that the money wasn't mine. After about 5 minutes that nearly escalated into an argument she said "well I don't know who's it is then, we can't keep it and your's is the only account we have record of. Just take the money and consider it a gift!" And since then I don't worry too much when I'm shorted a buck or two on the count.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! I hope the new setup works for you, maybe you can dump 4 boxes a week on them... talk to the head teller of the new bag dump bank and ask if 4 boxes a week is too much for them to handle. I hope you're finding silver too!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thanks, I've actually done pretty well lately. Found my first silver commemorative last week, found by far my best box ever this week. I'm only getting 2 boxes a week and every 3rd or 4th box is a repacked dump but I've already pulled 80 silvers this year. Was fortunate to find another solid roll a couple weeks ago that boosts the numbers. I'm going to attempt to up my weekly order from 2 to 4 boxes. I'll try to send 1K to the bag dump and will roll dump the other 1K until I feel out how well it works.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't want call out the error to someone else thinking maybe I'd get her in trouble. So I called her right when the bank opened the next Monday and told her that I certainly didn't have $1,200 in halves and that the money wasn't mine. After about 5 minutes that nearly escalated into an argument she said "well I don't know who's it is then, we can't keep it and your's is the only account we have record of. Just take the money and consider it a gift!" And since then I don't worry too much when I'm shorted a buck or two on the count.

I would get that in writing, for sure.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was really nice of you to offer to do that Twitch, what a guy!

Nothing better than a good dump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread