2nd Buffalo!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
So I've been skunked on my last 3 penny bags. 14 wheats over that whole span. I'm pretty sure I got some of my rejects (though I hadn't been to that branch in a couple weeks) so that skewed it, but the 2009's, Canadians, and "S" mm were all normal in the other 2 bags. My previous lowest bag was 13, so I figured it was time for a change. Had a day off, went for a lil drive to another branch 2 towns over. Got 2 bags each of pennies and nickels, the nickels caught my eye cause half were bank-rolled, the other half were generic wrappers. Nothing insofar as enders on them, but the different wrappers had my hopes up, and sure enough... Didn't think I'd find another Buffalo this soon, but sure enough:
S20180508_0003.jpg S20180508_0004.jpg
Not quite as old as I was hoping, but still nice to find my 2nd full date, and found a '43P to boot:
S20180508_0001.jpg S20180508_0002.jpg
Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first two buffs have both been in really good shape!

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you are on it. Soon you'll find the herd. I did 4,000 nickels recently and nothing great. A few War Nickels but no Buffs. My last good nickel was a V in a CWR. Pretty neat but fading in memory. Keep at it. I got a line on occasional bags but the teller told me someone brought in rolls of Buffs and she gave them back without dumping any and told him they should take them elsewhere since they may have value. I told her pass my number on any time something like that happens. Interesting that I got blocked by the coin counter. Had they been a branch without a counter the teller would have just taken them and passed them on without unrolling them. She only unrolled them to dump in the machine. Oh well. There go my plans for nickel domination.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice finds Rosco, glad to see you pull another nice Buffalo. You may want an older one, but '38-D is a slightly rarer date than most and is a hard one to find. You'll find a full roll of 1920's before you'll find another 1938-D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread