2nd day of silver in a row.

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Went to a park that gave up 4 silver dimes last week and a unreadable bison finster . Realy worked two huge trees for about 6 hours . 4 wheat pennies 1919,1939,1944,1945. found what was left of I believe a medic alert charm . a 1949 rosie dime and a pink int. charm /w/chain. charm has L on it. Chain was broken but it seems to be silver it was at six inches . same as the rosie . Realy starting to understand the prism IV. Starting to find silver at 6-8 inches. Must take time time and dig it all. enjoy sorry about pics . :coffee2:

Attachments

• Jun30119.JPG
    Jun30119.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 465
  • Jun30120.JPG
    Jun30120.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Jun30121.JPG
    Jun30121.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some great finds, the wheats are neat but the silver is oh so sweet! look forward to more of your finds! :thumbsup:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt :thumbsup:

By the looks of what you dug (the trash), you've been taking your time
and learning what your detector is seeing. . . and that's the best way to learn :wink:

OP
OP
underdogger

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Thanks for looking all. Scoop maybe planing a trip to Oneonta this fall . Will let you know as soon as I know . Love that gold pice under your name . soon I hope to get my first . late Rob :coffee2:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I, too, enjoy looking at your trash finds. The quality of a detector user can be found in what he tosses. Slow and methodical will get you deep targets. Yeah, it's a lot of work. But that's what makes those silver that much more personal.

Wouldn't you rather get a nice nugget instead of a coin? Something nice: a few ounces. Try taking a trip to Baker or Sumpter, Oregon. The gold dredges often tossed any larger nuggets out while classifying the material. With today's newer, more sensitive detectors, you might well find some of those deeper larger nuggets still in the tailing piles. And there are acres and acres of 'em!

OP
OP
underdogger

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
hey thanks Tuberale Would like to go out west again . I am unable to work now due to my aorta blowing up this past November . I am disabled . I have been denied disability.So I got a lawyer . I was lucky to survive all this. When I settle w/ retro to Nov . I am going to get a v3 and travel . Write a book . Until then I have to learn with what I got . The late actor John Ritter of (three's company fame died from what I had . Only 5% of the people survive the sugery I had . Just glad to be alive. May have to try Nuget detecting someday. For now Glad to be alive . Sorry got to go burning daylight as they say . late Rob. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread