2nd day with AT PRO

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a little today. So far I'm really happy with the new machine. Went to another site that's been hunted hard ,didnt get anything great but got stuff that plenty of people have missed. 1885 Indian cent, gold palted brass ring, round ball ,small button and a neat 1893 Chicago worlds fair watch fob. Thanks for looking IMG_20141211_143417_804.jpgIMG_20141211_144007_973.jpgIMG_20141211_145853_295.jpg

Upvote 12
That watch fob is a nice find and in great shape. Well done.

Sweet, you are going to love your At pro. Got mine two months ago and love it. Any coin pre 1900 is a great hunt in my book!

Last edited:
The round ball looks a lot like a musket ball to me. If it is lead it is. Take your finger nail and scrape away a little of the brown, I suspect that you will see white. The white is lead oxide that forms from being in the ground. I have had my AT for two years now and I do love it. I recently bought an F75 from Bart and that too is a fabulous machine, has greater depth than the AT. Tuesday I dug a grapeshot at 12 - 13 inches.

GREAT HUNT KEEP IT UP.

The round ball looks a lot like a musket ball to me. If it is lead it is. Take your finger nail and scrape away a little of the brown, I suspect that you will see white. The white is lead oxide that forms from being in the ground. I have had my AT for two years now and I do love it. I recently bought an F75 from Bart and that too is a fabulous machine, has greater depth than the AT. Tuesday I dug a grapeshot at 12 - 13 inches.

GREAT HUNT KEEP IT UP.
Yep thanks gldnbrew already knew it was a musketball everyone I know around here just calls them round balls

Funny how some peoples perspectives are. I would call that a great hunt any day of the year. Very rare fob find and of course a nice Indian. AT Pro is a great machine. I have had many great finds with mine.

The watch fob is Awesome.. penny is great too.. Great Job!!!

It's been said already....ah what the heck...that Fob is COOL!

Had to say something about it.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Had you not told us it was just your second hunt with your new AT Pro we would have thought you were out with your tried and true machine. Excellent finds.

That's a very nice hunt for sure, but especially for only the second hunt. I love my ATP....had it since last fall. I began finding big ole coppers right away and haven't stopped!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back