DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting a bit tired of having the police called on me and getting checked out.....It comes with the hobby I guess.....
Went out to a street tear up that I have been doing since June 6th.
About a month ago I was in front of a house and the guy tells me to stop doing that and get off his property. I basically told him that I wasn't on his property and what I'm doing is not illegal so he should just move on.
Well today I was back on his parkway and I found this 1954 Half Dollar next to the tree. This is the 10th silver from this street tear up.
5 minutes after finding it.......guess what....................................The POLICE show up....2 squad cars... They got a call..... Chit Chatted for a bit . One checked my ID while I talked to the other one. I show him the half and tell a few stories. I checked out ok and then they say have fun and good luck and off they go. I stayed on the that small parkway for another 10 minutes just to rub it in the guys face.

0810130831_0001.jpg 0810130832.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!
I'd have probably stayed there most of the day, went and got lunch, brought it back, and set up a picnic area to eat on.
While I can appreciate someone watching out for the welfare and betterment of an area, it seems to me, you have a nosybusybody attached to you in that area! LOL! Good luck shaking that monkey off! LOL!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the half... Tell the fuzz to back off LOL...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the half.Maybe you should sic your avatar on the pole-leece,woman looks a little nutszoid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread