2nd hunt gives up the goods!

Demrok

May 24, 2007
Well this is my official first post with positive results!

After getting skunked last weekend at the beach (hunted from 6:50am - 8:45) I decided to try a local public sports field.
I live in a newly developed area (new within the last 20ish years) so I know finding anything more then clad is not too likely.
But I can dream damn it!
Went out this morning and hunted for an hour. To my surprise I was getting more hits then i did at the beach! o_O
My ACE250 was spot on with predictions and depths, pulled up a pop can that was supposed to be a quarter at 8 inches... but hey I can deal with that =)

I want to find some nice old areas around Sarasota that I can hit, but I just don't know what was where a long time back.
Anyway, here's the pics Trash included except for the stuff I tossed in the garbage while I was hunting.
TRASH
trash.jpg

Coins
coinage.jpg

Oh yeah, there was this one spot that said there was a quarter at 6inches.. I dug a fair sized plug and went down to 6.. then to 8.. a pinpointer would be useful because I never did find the elusive "quarter" =/ should I have kept going after spending 10 min on the hole? xD

Upvote 0

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Keep digging everything, the good stuff will come!

OP
OP
D

Demrok

May 24, 2007
yeah I forgot to say I at least found a wheat =D
No double die for me =/ oh well still fun!

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Sometimes those "elusive quarter hits" are really hot rocks.
FYI

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I believe that Hot Rocks are rocks made up of a mineral that sets of you detector
and resembles a good hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread