Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am visiting family up in PA and I had the pleasure of meeting Steve of PA . We meet up and talked treasure and he showed me a spot dating from around 1870.
Steve told me to hit it up and let him know if I find anything.
The family stuff has had me booked up but this morning I got to the site during snow flurries and I am glad I did. The first 1.5 hours were a bust but I changed locations and my first hit was a buckle! headbanger Post CW but a first for me. I nicked it with my digger trying to get it out of the hard clay. Pretty stoked !! The back of the buckle has 343 stamped on it.
I also found some buttons and a silver 1936 quarter . One eagle cuff and some that I have not IDed yet. I think they are rail road buttons.One says Penn TS and two say PRS. Maybe school buttons. dont know
Steve and I are going for a hunt in the next couple of days so I hope we get a chance to save some history. :coffee2:

DSC02220 (640x480).jpg DSC02221 (640x480).jpg DSC02222 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I must say that you surprised me with that buckle! I thought you might find some indian head pennys and maybe some Barber silver in there, but I never expected an Indian Wars era sword belt plate to show up. The fact that you found an eagle button there as well is intriquing. I guess I should have hit that spot when I first thought of it :laughing7: .

I think the buttons may be trolley system buttons. I will come to work tomorrow ready to dig when I get off so be ready!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds
goodjob.gif
goodluck.gif

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sweet find there and second one to boot.awesome

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just now saw this post Bird. You are on a roll. Indian War era plate & benchmarked as well. Steve will put you on some relics. Not his first rodeo either. WTG & good luck there, Q.

Last edited:
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, gonna hit the area again tomorrow evening. Can't wait, there has to be some seated coins there somewhere also.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I must say that you surprised me with that buckle! I thought you might find some indian head pennys and maybe some Barber silver in there, but I never expected an Indian Wars era sword belt plate to show up. The fact that you found an eagle button there as well is intriquing. I guess I should have hit that spot when I first thought of it :laughing7: .

I think the buttons may be trolley system buttons. I will come to work tomorrow ready to dig when I get off so be ready!

I brought a guy into a union camp who was just starting out and this camp was hit HARD!! figured he may dig a bullet or something well since he was new he was so eager too find something he hit a target right next to a tree and it took us almost 15 minutes too dig up under the tree too get it. Ended up being an eagle Breastplate with minor damage too it.. Nothing is hunted out!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to see these buckles! You pull something nice out of the dirt everywhere you go Bird! :icon_thumright:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Steve sent you in a great direction!

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Westfront,I will be in your neck of the woods in 2014. Going to Ramstein for four years.:occasion14:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet plate! Steve is a stand up guy! bet he was a little envious on that one lol

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet plate! Steve is a stand up guy! bet he was a little envious on that one lol

Haha, yeah I must admit I was a tad envious when I saw that plate yesterday :laughing7: I had this spot on my radar for some time, but it kept getting put on the back burner because it wasn't colonial or military (so I thought).

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments. :icon_thumright:

Steve thanks again for sharing your site with me. Hope you can pull some more goodies out of there in the future .:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread