2nd Press Release Out Today October 17th-Rule 1A-31****Now In US GOV Newswire***

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PR I mentioned in the other thread went out today just as scheduled. It is a condensed version of our best replies...a frame below the press release displays the page we send our comments to...this should point the general public where comments belong.

Private Sector Salvors Opposed To Changes In Florida’s Rule 1A-31

http://emailwire.com/release/16926-...Opposed-To-Changes-In-Floridas-Rule-1A31.html

I say, if you can fire two cannons at once or simultaneously, there is a better chance of hitting them. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 2nd Press Release Out Today October 17th-Rule 1A-31

I just wanted to say, if there are anymore of you who have a press release to go out...get it to me soon.

RedTram news search engine got this PR also and so did The Earth Times.

The link for The Earth Times is below, they again published the whole article.
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/...-changes-in-florida’s-rule-1a-31,584082.shtml

Emailwire, I think owns a US Gov newswire called US Government-News.Com. The reason I say this, there is an old ad by Emailwire. The ad is outdated, the cost has doubled for newswire people, with the yearly online newswire setup. Not many press releases go out over it...a lot of Fema and a few other high profile PRs. Both of our PRs can still be seen on the first page, along with the Fema press releases. You can bet the White House has already read both of them.

U.S. Government News from USGovernment-News.com™
Site link...
http://www.usgovernment-news.com/index.php
PR #2 link...
http://www.usgovernment-news.com/index.php?prID=16926

You can also expect Spain to possibly see it. :icon_study:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
Red Desert, if i ever get to dig up my treasure from the bottom of the sea....im gunna save a piece for you....................................................Limo Bob

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubatreasure said:
Red Desert, if i ever get to dig up my treasure from the bottom of the sea....im gunna save a piece for you....................................................Limo Bob

Thanks, I'd very much appreciate that...would be better if I could join you...never learned to scuba dive and don't think my eyesight is good enough for underwater. Cheer up though...have more good news. I had a new press release submitted to me only yesterday which was Sunday. SEAHUNTER gave it to me and I edited it to read smoothly. I uploaded it with 1 underwater photo.

Just got home, was gone for a while. I put the title in quotes, tried Google...of course we are in Google Florida news again. I seen Hilary today on the news speaking in South Florida in the rain. John McCain I think on the 17th spoke in Florida.

Looks like already 2 pages of results in Google, boy did we hit the Mother Lode this time when it comes to Archaeological and Anthropology news sites/wires.

3rd press release link...

Archaeological Concerns Over Florida State Rule 1A-31

http://www.emailwire.com/release/17050-Archaeological-Concerns-Over-Florida-State-Rule-1A31.html

This time we'll reach all those Archies out there...if you go to USGovernment-News.com, right now the 3rd PR is the very first press release at the top, on the home page. There is a link to the site in my post above. I can give you the PR link...except on there, the summary under the title was left out.

http://USGovernment-News.com

Here is the 3rd press release...

Archaeological Concerns Over Florida State Rule 1A-31

The Florida State agency after years of benefiting from these efforts, the tourism created by it, now is playing fast and loose …

(EMAILWIRE.COM, October 20, 2008 ) Miami, FL - From Kip Wagner in the 1950-60's to Mel Fisher with the fabulous finds from the Atocha in the 1980's, Odyssey Marine Explorations and their Deep-water finds- private sector interests in Florida have played a longstanding, but ever evolving role.

In the recovery of shipwrecks, the artifacts they carried are truly historic treasures. Over the last five decades, the private sector efforts in the recovery of these treasures, has resulted in the State of Florida receiving at least a 20% share of all finds (nearly 30,000 individual items). This annual donation has culminated in the State holding what is acknowledged as the finest collection of Spanish Colonial artifacts in the world.

At least two scholarly books have been written on the coin collections alone. Many additional scholarly books have been published chronicling the Atocha and 1715 Fleet shipwrecks, about historic salvage work done . Five museums including the Florida State museum in Tallahassee, have permanent collections and showcase these finds. Many other museums, in other States either house permanent displays or have had exhibitions, including the National Geographic Society Museum at Washington D.C.

The Florida State agency after years of benefiting from these efforts, the tourism created by it, now is playing fast and loose with these small businesses. They are out to change the rules under which exploration and recoveries can be made.

Many of those who are most involved in this business, will be on hand to present evidence and offer a counter rule, that would allow for the ongoing involvement of the private sector (the rescue of these threatened resources).

In that spirit we extend our invitation to all entities and individuals concerned with these resources and still believe in the dreams that have made the finding of these treasures, one of the unique aspects of life here in Florida. A hearing is scheduled for October 21, 2008 at noon in the Guana Auditorium, 505 Guana River Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

James Sinclair, MA
Archaeologist
Sear ex Inc.
15 Marlin Dr.
St Augustine, FL 32080
904-819-0408(Home and office)
239-218-1622(Cell)

OMG! We are in the Archaeological feeds, all the Archie sites have RSS code for Archaeological news headlines.
:wav:

I took a better look now, I'm not sure if these are International feeds or if they just posted them...some are linked to The Earth Times, others to Emailwire...at least they got it. :coffee2:

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
WOW that's great Red Desert....has anyone heard what happend at the meeting ....I'm freaking out just trying to get anything about the meeting ...please, anyone who was there respond soon as possible....

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scubatreasure said:
WOW that's great Red Desert....has anyone heard what happend at the meeting ....I'm freaking out just trying to get anything about the meeting ...please, anyone who was there respond soon as possible....

No, haven't heard yet about what happened with it....yes, interesting it got into entertainment... think it could make it as a movie idea?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread