2nd Ring This Week - Struck Gold For First Time

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first Silver Ring on this past Saturday and had my highest coin count of 32. So I set my next goal for a 50 coin day, and to find a gold ring. So today was my short day at work (work 4 days at 8.5 and one day at 6.0). Went and renewed my plates on my car (Need to move to the country, Omaha wants too much for the privalege to drive on their streets) and renewed my city metal detecting permit. Had a little time, so I hit a park for about an hour. Within 15 feet of the car, this little beauty popped out of the ground (it was totally flat when I popped it out from about 3 inches). /\~HAPPY DANCE~/\ Just the way it looked, I knew it had to be gold, but couldn't tell because it was smashed flat. Hunted around and found a bunch of aluminum rings (pull tabs) and packed up and went home to clean my find. It's 14K and has an inscription inside that appears to say 17 June 1989 ?ALE.

Enjoy the picks. Might take it to the jewelry store to see if they can straighten it and buff out my mistakes.

HH

Attachments

• Gold Ring all.jpg
    Gold Ring all.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 608
  • Gold Ring 14k.jpg
    Gold Ring 14k.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats on the sweet gold Neal and for the awesome "first".
Hope there are many more in your future, well done! Keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
SWEET, nealb! Looks like it has a diamond in there, too. I've dug a thousand and 500 pulltabs, and every time I think "another pull tab" but secretly hope for a ring. You've obviously got the dedication and persistence to find the good among the trash.

Way to go. Let us know what the jeweler says! As my friends in high school used to say as they talked me into driving my car (with the new paint job) through the brushy narrow roads, "those scratches will buff out".

MP

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great find! :) :) :) :) :) Keep it up find a sweet spot and 50 will be no problem! continued good luck! 8)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's Neal...sweet find!!!Not another pull tab can escape me,just to think of all the ring's that I've passed up :'( Nice job!!

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ring find. Still looking for my first gold ring.

Next goal, one platinum ring and 75 clad coins. :P

I think you can do it. ;)

HH.

timbuckII

Jan 12, 2007
" renewed my city metal detecting permit" What does that do for you? If you do not have one you cannot detect or what?

TC

PS: Nice ring.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
SWEET DEAL! Congrats on the gold for sure. I am very sure you will have a fifty coin day very soon. Believe me, all it takes it the right spot and you will be digging holes a plenty.
Best o' luck
~Nash~

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Great find Neal :o :o ... Sure am glad there are no permits required here in Oklahoma to use the detector... If I may ask, how much is that permit?

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Cool Ring. I used to work quite a bit with 14kt gold and it is a nice metal and is pretty forgiving when it comes to bending and straightening. Try to find a good goldsmith in your area. They can not only straighten it out, they can fix all the other problems (or hide them with some creative engraving) as well as size it to fit your finger.

You had to renew your metal detecting License???? Are there that many people living there with MDs that they make you have a license. I guess you are one of the only licensed metal detectorists that I know. How much is a non-resident detecting license? ;D Is there a limit on the number of detectors? Is there a special license for machines with more then one coil?

This is just too funny. Talking about a way to get more tax revenue. Geez.

Daryl

OP
OP
nealb

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timbuck and Bio - Goofy law. The city requires you to have a metal detecting permit to use metal detectors on city property. You'll laugh at this - the permit cost's $1.00. It cost's me more in gas to drive down to the city office to pick it up than it does for the permit. It's good for 1 year. $1.00 I'm sure is cheaper than the fine you would probably get for "destroying public property" for poking a hole in the turf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread