cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I help run and operate a local paintball field right outside of town and I usally cut the grass there every other friday, got there about 3:00 this afternoon and got half of it done, I tired and hot and felt like quiting, I had talked to mrs.patsy "the owner" about hunting some of the old fields that we dont play on, the last time they were played on was back in the 70's when the field first opened. I hunted around an old barn and around the field for about 2 1/2 hours and found some intresting things and my first wheatie a 1940-S ;D yea I know whop dee doo. It got me excited,found the normal junk pull tabs and some aluminum foil a bunch of regular date pennies a quarter that has a hole in it ??? a mexican peso dated 1993 and a whatisit? I know that it is a mountain dew token duh but I have never seen one b4. The obverse says "Taste the Sunshine" "Mountain Dew" "10c off" and the reverse says "892 10 cent off when you buy mountain dew" "at participating retailers" "not valid in coin operted machines" "Mr. Retailer redeem coin with your mountain dew ?????????????????????" I cant read the rest it is inbetween the size of a quarter and a half dollar any idea ???

Attachments

• tf1.jpg
    tf1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 197
  • tf2.jpg
    tf2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 201
  • tf3.jpg
    tf3.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 199
  • tf4.jpg
    tf4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 189
  • tf5.jpg
    tf5.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The famous Mountain Dew 892 token. I've been looking for one of those for years. Seriously...nice tokens. Always fun to find.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I like that token. The quarter looks to have been shot.

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
piggman1 said:
I like that token. The quarter looks to have been shot.
yea I thought the same but it would have had to been shot through the same hole both ways b/c its "folded" on both sides if you get what im saying

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
matthewh05
I still get excited when I find a wheat...Looks like you had a pretty good day..HH and keep diggin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread