2x2s quick question - CRH finds

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
2x2's quick question - CRH finds

I have a stack of CRH finds I would like to put in cardboard 2x2's so I can view both sides of the coins and enjoy lookin at them while keeping them safe and protected...my question...shoul I buy the "special" stapler I see online to staple them together? Does it really make the staple close flatter than a normal stapler!?

Upvote 0

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use normal staples. Works great for me. I wouldn't buy any "special" stapler.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dihren said:
I just use normal staples. Works great for me. I wouldn't buy any "special" stapler.

Do you find that they ever get snagged on things? From what I have gathered the "special" stapler would prevent that.

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
When a staple doesn't close all the way, just bend it down the rest of the way with your thumb - that's what I do. Cheaper than buying a new stapler, for not a lot of extra effort, in my opinion ;) If you're stapling 2x2s all day long, I could maybe see buying one of those special staplers, but otherwise I just don't see the point of spending the money. That's my 2 cents, anyways...

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Virgil said:
When a staple doesn't close all the way, just bend it down the rest of the way with your thumb - that's what I do. Cheaper than buying a new stapler, for not a lot of extra effort, in my opinion ;) If you're stapling 2x2s all day long, I could maybe see buying one of those special staplers, but otherwise I just don't see the point of spending the money. That's my 2 cents, anyways...

That's what I was thinking, thanks Virgil! I Appreciate all the help

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A normal stapler and a pair of pliers does the trick.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a $1 Dollar Store stapler and it works wonders! Every once in a while it snags but it's definitely great!
only get a 'special' stapler if you're into wasting money ;)
Wicka

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dark said:
A normal stapler and a pair of pliers does the trick.

Just staple and squeeze...sounds easy enough!

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Town said:
Do you find that they ever get snagged on things? From what I have gathered the "special" stapler would prevent that.

Very rarely

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Occassionally when my stapler runs low on staples it wont stamp them all the way through, then I use the end of it to push the staple through then bend it. Works great. I do it in a square pattern around the edges of the cardboard by the coin so it dosen't move around much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread