3/13 WV Hunt

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Went across the state line to wild and wonderful WV to my old faithful field. Only got in about an hour of hunting between bands of rain. The hunting conditions were ideal, just wish I could of got a couple more hours on it. My dad found the piece in the last insitu pic. I heard him say " gonna need an insitu pic here " I said " that's what I'm talking about ". HH

Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one heck of a day, not only for the points, but sharing it woth your Father too. :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt with your Dad ! :wav:
That field was ripe after the rains. Looks like a road trip paid off. Nice bi-furacate. Is the large stemmed converted to a tool? Late archiac site?
Nice hunt Thirty7. Tell your dad congratulations you guys found a bunch of keepers.
TnMtns

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks guys I appreciate the comments.

Tn., the snow melt and recent rains made for the best conditions I've ever seen on this field. It's actually an MX track in the heart of a multicomponent site, paleo - woodland. The creek it overlooks was named after the natural salt licks that form near the head waters. It brought in the big game, and acients. There's also the breastwork remains of a stone wall constructed by a woodland tribe and a mysterious alter made of sandstone in the surrounding area. That large stemmer is broken unfortunately.

I'll tell him your kind words, he checks out tnet from time to time. He's only been huntin a half a dozen times but he has found 4 quality points. He smoked me one day with a killer Kirk.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys hunted that last year and he got that nice kirk? I got a text today and they have plowed one little field so far :laughing7:. I might just go for fun in the morn weather stinks to be out on the water.
Nice hunt glad you guys racked up. Wonder if C.A is out making a video?

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
I think you guys hunted that last year and he got that nice kirk? I got a text today and they have plowed one little field so far :laughing7:. I might just go for fun in the morn weather stinks to be out on the water.

Yep, you're right, good memory. Windy and rain is definitely not fun in a boat. I wish someone would plow a freaking field around here. I'd be very surprised if the astronaut is not hunting this weekend, the conditions are fantastic if you dont mind some rain.

How about this idea: I'll volunteer to plow your field for hunting privileges...think that'll work? haha

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Great Hunt 37 and the old man.I was out yesterday and gettin ready to go again here in a few.you are correct the fields are in primo condition.I got a whole lot of deep plowed fields to hunt today,its on!!Tell your dad i said hello and I think he schooled you yesterday.Good luck 37&tnmts.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
creek astronaut said:
Great Hunt 37 and the old man.I was out yesterday and gettin ready to go again here in a few.you are correct the fields are in primo condition.I got a whole lot of deep plowed fields to hunt today,its on!!Tell your dad i said hello and I think he schooled you yesterday.Good luck 37&tnmts.

Thanks man, good luck on those fields, looking foward to some new videos.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
TnMountains said:

Yep, you're right, good memory. Windy and rain is definitely not fun in a boat. I wish someone would plow a freaking field around here. I'd be very surprised if the astronaut is not hunting this weekend, the conditions are fantastic if you dont mind some rain.

How about this idea: I'll volunteer to plow your field for hunting privileges...think that'll work? haha

I have only one guy that deep plows about 500 acres. The site is a narrow strip around a mile long but has been dispersed wider by the plow. Maybe next weekend water hunt. I have to hit it before it goes under. Here is an area I FISH when the water is up an old grave yard. We have whole towns under water down here from the building of Dams. This is a file picture of it in winter. Imagine all the ancient sites under water.Thousands.

Attachments

• _cemetery.jpg
    _cemetery.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 166

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions