3/16....The Bad, The Good, and the Shiny...

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Got my usual box yesterday.

The entire thing was brand new shiny bank rolls of 1997-D. My second box like that.

The POSITIVE thing.....it is a different box. Instead of the 2 layer 5 X 5 roll box....it was one like many of you have gotten....1 layer of 5 X 10 rolls.

Said something like: Inspected by # so and so, with a date like Nov. 16, 2006.

So....the negative is no silver and nothing really of value.

The positive is that they are getting boxes from a new source. Perhaps direct from the Federal Reserve Bank in Atlanta? Who knows.....just as long as the next box is NOT new 1997-Ds. A new source means new possibilities!
;D

Heck, even the tellers knew I would not find anything, as they could see how shiny and new they were through the air holes in the top.

So the other positive was that I knew right off the bat I would not find anything, so I did not waste my time searching 1,000 halves to get skunked.

I am due for a road trip anyway....I have some ideas for Saturday morning, beginning with stopping at a dump branch to unload this box and exchange it for paper cash to spend while hitting other banks.

Keep hunting, everyone!
;D

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your Saturday trip.....let us know how you do.

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Falcon, If you noticed my post earlier this week my bank changed boxes as well and I got two boxes one dated Nov 10 06 had a few mixed coins maybe 20 non-97D the other box Nov 13 was solid 97D. Was your boxes stamped like this?

CWI #94
NOV 10 2006
INSPECTED BY

BTW I searched mine only to hope there might have been a blank planchet.
I also have the feeling we are not to far apart. I'm a about half way between Nashville and Chattanooga 30-35 miles north of I-24

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
What I don't understand is why the FED is putting Denver coins in circulation on the east coast? Why not use 2001-P or other P halves? But the answer can explain why a year ago I received a few boxes of 94P on the west coast.

Any ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread