3-17, and 3-18 Gold, Silver, and 316L

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally broke the 2012 gold curse!! I was yet to find any of the good stuff this year and set out this weekend with the goal of putting that behind me.

Yesterday started out well at a heavily hunted beach started hitting a good amount of targets right off the bat. About an hour in I get a nice mid-tone and pull up what I think is a 2 tone Gold wedding band. I was so sure, I just snuck it into my pocket without checking for a mark. Found a few other trinkets and headed home after a couple hours. Water was getting crowded with beach goers. Imagine my suprise when pull it out and check closely and see 316L!!!! Bummer.

Today was better :) I met a hunting buddy a bit further south than the usual beaches. I was on my way into the water when I got a nice signal at about knee deep. Up comes a gold womans class ring!! I wasn't in the water 2 minutes!! Nice start. As the hunt continued, it seemed like that would be all the gold for the day. Then, in the last 50 yards before I got out, I pulled a nice heavy mens 10K white gold wedding band!

Double gold to break my curse! Gotta love it!!

HH, Aaron

008-8.jpg

010-11.jpg

005-8.jpg

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
:icon_pirat:Congratulation, Very nice finds; I wish you luck.

Hamid HH

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can see why the two tone fooled you - well done on the real loot.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have not found any gold either lately. Its been over two months -found one January 02.

I have found a ton of junk jewelry but usually when I have found silver, and a lot of Junk Jewelry I usually am just a few more hunts away from fnding some Gold.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds...I was wondering what happened to you...glad to see your scooping gold. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I haven't been hunting as much the last couple months. I have been fighting off a cold and my allergies are kicking my butt with all the Oak pollen around here. That being said, I have found 6 rings since Jan 1st and I'd say I have only put in about 25 total hours so thats not bad. Anytime you find any piece of jewelry, there is always the chance it could be gold. I try to think of that when I come home with a pocket full of tabs and junk and a junk earing or something. I started hunting may of last year so I am ahead whatever I find until then I figure :) I'm going to slam it again next weekend and maybe one evening this week.

HH,
Aaron

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very nice keepers there Aaron.
Congrats on the double gold....sweet.