3-4-10 Fun hunt nice view, cool waters .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a little while and hit a friends field off a creek. The finds were slim but found a couple good scrappers and a decent pestle. Here is the field off the creek.
100_2637.JPG
100_2634.JPG
100_2635.JPG
100_2661.JPG
100_2662.JPG

Here is a Blue Hole forming a spring. This one actually blew out of the ground about 30 years ago due to the pressure of water in the caves below. I usually do pretty good here but the water was a little swift today to see the bottom. The last pics are land I lease up in wheat and will rotate to soy beans so I should be able to hunt them again maybe.
Oh yeah a cool fossil found behind the hunting cabin, last pic.
Hope you have a great next hunt !
TnMtns
100_2654.JPG
100_2653.JPG
100_2644.JPG
100_2658.JPG
100_2656.JPG

Upvote 0

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pics bro.
What is that pestle made of? I have one similar.
What is that last thing?? looks cool.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pestles are river cobbles they would break in half and then smooth the break. Sometimes they would peck the sides out and we call those acorns. Yeah that fossil is wild. I posted it in the Fossil section on here for an I.D. Thanks enjoyed seeing your Dads frog pipe.
Later,
TnMtns

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
TnMnt's , must say spring does bring out some fine colors in your mountains ,. that blue spring pool , looks to be a fine place to cool off ,.... maybe in a few mounths ?? And your wheat field , looks familiar ,.. from a pic from last deer season ? ,.. maybe just a bit more brilliant ?? Anyway , nice spring colors there ,... and the flint , why it looks just fine as well .... :icon_thumleft:
Blindpig

timtreasure

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
none right now....but looking for one
SWEEEEEET, very nice Mr. Mountain, love those creek shots and the field with the mountains, I am just a little jealous. very nice tim

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blindpig said:
TnMnt's , must say spring does bring out some fine colors in your mountains ,. that blue spring pool , looks to be a fine place to cool off ,.... maybe in a few mounths ?? And your wheat field , looks familiar ,.. from a pic from last deer season ? ,.. maybe just a bit more brilliant ?? Anyway , nice spring colors there ,... and the flint , why it looks just fine as well .... :icon_thumleft:
Blindpig

Blindpig you are right its the same area just diffrent season. Slim pickins but great to get out as always.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. The fossil is not.. its weathered iron stone and a natural occurrence according to the fossil experts. I guess my find for the day was the white chert scrapper or little adze. I bet I walked 8 miles up and down that wore out field. Its a ritual every year and to be honest never that great!! But I am gonna keep doing it.. :help:
I appreciate the kind comments maybe the spring will be better this summer when the water slows. Where I was standing was at the level of the pasture. You can see how the blue hole ate up that field when it blew up. It actually cut thru the site there.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newt said:
I see trout!
Very nice pics and finds.
Newt

Newt they actually stock that stream every year and the fish survive in the deep pools. I like them for breakfast with eggs over an open hickory pit.

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Nice Finds :thumbsup:..Yes they stock Trout all over Tennessee . I wish i could find the deep holes they swim too ..I try to get to the river right after they stock them ..they only hang out for a couple days then they swim down stream...Do you think they really survive in most rivers?

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GroundS.KeepeR said:
Nice Finds :thumbsup:..Yes they stock Trout all over Tennessee . I wish i could find the deep holes they swim too ..I try to get to the river right after they stock them ..they only hang out for a couple days then they swim down stream...Do you think they really survive in most rivers?

Well we have TWRA stocks cold water creeks. Yeah some survive after the locals run the nets up and down the creeks. They hang in the deep hard to get pools. We have caught last years fish. On Hiwassee and up towards Ocoee there are plenty of native trout. My friend holds the record on a Brown Trout on Hiwassee. Big business trout fishing. I think up towards the tail waters of Norris they do pretty good.
Good luck in your hunts.

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Nice pics TNMountain! Love that deep blue spring pic! I found one on a farm one time. Looked just like that pic. The prettiest blue i've ever seen! If I remember correctly, that spring was very deep too! Got too close and slipped in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread