3/4 groove axe and 1st stage dovetail

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
I hunted a new spot this past Thursday with a friend and was very surprised at what we found. I always overlooked this field because it was so far away from any water source but with the lack of fields to hunt this year we decided to give it a try. Right away my friend found a celt followed by my axe and finishing up with the Dovetail. I owe the Dovetail to my buddy because he wanted to go to the spot in the field where it was found and I decided to go along to keep him company. I was wanting to hunt the area where the celt and axe were found a little longer. I didn't manage to get a photo of the celt because he picked it up and packed it away so quickly. All in all I found a new spot to add to the list and found 2 fantastic pieces.

Attachments

• 000_0079A.jpg
    000_0079A.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 752
  • 000_0081A.jpg
    000_0081A.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 745
  • 000_0085A.jpg
    000_0085A.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 925
Upvote 0

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Wow!!

Those are two super finds!

I would be covering every inch of that field. The axe is great , but that dovetail is one of my dream points. That had to be a rush seeing that laying there. How big is the Dove? A big congrats on a coule of super finds. :icon_thumleft:

Twig.

OP
OP
C

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
The Dovetail is right at 2- 1/2" and I was totally elated when I first saw it laying there. When my buddy saw my reaction to finding it, he said I put too much value on finding artifacts. The truth is, he has only been hunting for a few years and doesn't understand the significance of such a find. I did go back on Friday by myself and did a more thorough search. This is 2 days of finds from the field. Looking forward to returning after the corn comes up later this spring.

Attachments

• 100_3063A.jpg
    100_3063A.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 602
  • 100_3066A.jpg
    100_3066A.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 607

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds. That Axe and Dove are top notch finds and your buddy just doesn't understand the significance of finding such rare pieces in such awesome condition. Evidently other hunters must have thought the same thing you did and stayed away from that field. I would hit it after every good rain now.

Congrats on your killer finds.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
I think this is a BANNER worthy day. Killer, killer stuff. Congrats!

Chuck

F

Felinepeachy

WOW beautiful!!!!!

I don't usually pay attention to the lack of a near by water source because I really don't know what the layout of the land and streams were "thousands" of years ago. Is there a way to know? :dontknow:

flintchasr

Oct 13, 2010
illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Boots and walking stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some killer finds. I like the axe but man that dovetail is simply beautiful. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Flintchasr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread