3/4 Pound

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long week........
Time to head to the vault.
Too bad I can't keep it around here to play with.

1333.jpg

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My guess is highbanker with gold Hog mats

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice haul. That's a weeks worth ? is it from panning?

LOL......... I wish.......
Could you imagine the crowds..... I can see the signs now....
12 ounces a week with a trowel and pan.

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Gold there Goldhog , probably a lot of hard work but the rewards are worth the effort ..cheers Mick

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little suspicious about your post Doc...

That appears to be all fines with no nuggets, as I would expect to see from Nome, not the southeast! Did it take a week for that gold to come from Nome?
And, you claim "3/4 of a pound" referring to gold but in a later post you say "12 ounces per week". Isn't 3/4 of a pound of gold only 9 ounces?

You never actually SAID you found and recovered this gold in the past week, just "been a long week". A suggestive 'pat on the back' there Doc?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little suspicious about your post Doc...

That appears to be all fines with no nuggets, as I would expect to see from Nome, not the southeast! Did it take a week for that gold to come from Nome?
And, you claim "3/4 of a pound" referring to gold but in a later post you say "12 ounces per week". Isn't 3/4 of a pound of gold only 9 ounces?

You never actually SAID you found and recovered this gold in the past week, just "been a long week". A suggestive 'pat on the back' there Doc?

Yes…. I can see the confusion.
The simple answer is no, this is not from a “week of prospecting”.
Our business model is complex, extends into 35 countries, and encompasses 4 divisions.
Hence the “long week” which this time of year is usually 14 – 17 hour days, 7 days a week.
The gold in picture is mixture, some from the south east, some from the MT area and some from the Yukon.
We separate our gold into 3 parts.
Nuggets… not shown, course to 30 mesh… large jar, and fines sub 30 – roughly 150 mesh… small jar.
I had put off the “cleaning chores” for two weeks working on the new Multi Sluice, so finally set a day aside to get it all done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread