Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, :laughing7:

Damon64 said:
? You took their money? That doesn't sound like a very good option. :o

Lol, put the coins away for them and give them to them when they finish collage or something. :headbang: :notworthy:

Great score ! :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I guess I'm as confused as the others... They did the work & earned the money. You gave them the option of either keeping the cash or the silver halves which are currently worth about 5-6 bucks each but not both ? Nice lesson you taught them dad..... Are you teaching them how the IRS operates ? >:(

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats nice of those folks. At least the kids can spend their pay. That's probably why they forfeited the 1964's

OP
OP
O

Ohioan

Your replies are funny. I didn't steal them from them as your thinking. I'm putting them with all of our "loot" that we put back, stuff like coins, arrowheads, old marbles....you know, the cool stuff. When I kick the bucket they can all divy it up and reinvest or keep adding to it etc lighten up treasure net pals :tongue3:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal, I think it is best you put them back for them or they might spend them, smart dad!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You did the right thing dad, it's what this dad would've done! Kids would spend 'em in a heartbeat.....funny, my kids could care less about coin anyway, they wants that "paper money". ffd

OP
OP
O

Ohioan

Hey Pat in Chicago...I'm not sure if they have any more or not but I'm going to make sure I stop by there soon to let them know that I'm available to house sit when they go on vacation :laughing7: .

Uncle Sam?.....Yeah I suppose I did play the part of Uncle Sam in this if you wanna look at it that way. I took a portion to set aside for using in the future . Let's just all hope I don't get in too deep with my(hypothetical) bookie any time in the future? Is that what your trying to say ? I'm not the United States Government, I don't have anyone to bailout. I don't want to make anyone lose their 401ks. I'm just savin some halves man. :dontknow:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohioan said:
Your replies are funny. I didn't steal them from them as your thinking. I'm putting them with all of our "loot" that we put back, stuff like coins, arrowheads, old marbles....you know, the cool stuff. When I kick the bucket they can all divy it up and reinvest or keep adding to it etc lighten up treasure net pals :tongue3:

Well that's cool I guess but you could have avoided the negative comments by explaining yourself in the first place because it did sound a bit odd.

OP
OP
O

Ohioan

Every time i go to town..
Someone kicks my dog around....

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009
:icon_thumleft:

Wow !!!!! What a nice way to be paid !!!!!! As a father, you doing right by putting them up for the kids. That's exactly what I would do. They will appreciate it later. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
O

Ohioan

Thats what I'm thinking freebird. Thanks.

LBJ

Jul 14, 2006
Ohioan, there seems to be a lot of self-righteous people in the world today. Just ignore them and move on. Sorry for them. I think you did the right thing, even if you had the intention of keeping them yourself. Your kids would have just spent them at the first opportunity anyway and someone else would have them now. I wish I had someone doing the same for me when I was a kid as I would doubtless still have some neat things I ended up spending or losing in one way or another.

MANY MANY years ago about 1971, I worked at a local grocery store. Every so often, kids would come in and "want" to exchange silver coins for cash (must have robbed the old man's coin bank) - as if those silver coins were "somehow" worthless. I always took their silver, put it in the register tray, and then after they left, reached into my pocket and exchanged green backs or clads for the silver. What can I say? I prolly still have those coins in my stash. Yes, I was basically an adult at that time.

OP
OP
O

Ohioan

Thanks LBJ . I was just thinkin the same thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread