Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 amigos do 265 coins and 2 925 "O"

From the land of the Bluenose.....the sun rose shrouded by a hostile and cold clouded sky. The Thunderbolt Grease Slapper grinded to a halt with it's exhaust plume raising slowly reaching skyward. Behind the wheel was the notorious Navy Davy who was chomping at the bit, drooling and rearing to go.........to the Golden Arch for his morning feed. Conversation consisted of a few grunts and we were off. Then ND laid it on the line.. "I fixed the on/off switch of your Garrett that you left in my car."

Man that was like winning the lottery. I was so happy I brought the morning scoff and the Tim's run too as we drove off into the mist heading towards the "Big Valley" to meet up with Slickpick Rick and do some digging.

We arrived promptly at 9am and added his weapons to ours!
P3300008.jpg

The coins of that day didn't stand a chance of going undetected!

Parking the car at a gated old road we grabbed our gear. Just to make sure we weren't bushwacked every 100 yards we would stop and I would yell at the top of my lings, "We are not deer!"

Arrived at the bible camp with no holes and were greeted by this wonderful sight as the day had cleared somewhat!
P3300005.jpg

P3300006.jpg

Navy Davy was the first to draw blood with a nice 925er "O" then coming across the mother lode of pennies that seemed to cover every square inch in a 5 foot radius. Slickpick Rick joined and he too soon tired of digging pennies leaving this bouy to do the dirty work himself to make sure no penny was left out of my pocket.

After that coin slaughter I joined the herd doing around the buildings and grounds.
P3300007.jpg

It was here the Sickpick Rick hit a beautiful silver lace 925er "O" with a black onyx stone as ND found an ipod!

Dark was creeping up on us so we pulled reigns and mossied outta there with me at point becoming the mobile loud speaker..."We are not deer!"

Great day with Slickpick Rick finding 43 coins, a cross and the 925 "O".
P3300012.jpg

Navy Davy put the squeeze on finding an ipod, tweezers, heart with rhinestones,lock 925er "O" and 71 coins.
P3300009.jpg

As for the human loudspeaker he managed a knife,key and 151 coins @ $4.87
P3300015.jpg

All desperados caught and accounted for and the bounty added to the "Send Leslie back to the UK fund" In retrospect I think hunters orange should have been worn with all the crazies in the woods trying to shoot Bambi!

Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 3 amigos do 265 coins and 2 925 "O"

Hey there, looks like that was fun! Thanks for sharin'. :thumbsup:

mcdpoor

Mar 14, 2009
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250
Re: 3 amigos do 265 coins and 2 925 "O"

WTG... That looked like a nice outing and a good hunt..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread