3 Beaches

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went by myself this morning and hit 3 beaches. Boy, for 3 beaches I didn't do so well! The first one was real overcast, the water was rough so I didn't get in. I met another MD'er who was there for a conference and was getting some hunting time in before the meeting started. I don't know what he ended up with but he had managed to find a pirate charm when I met him. It was cute.

Second beach was CWB and there were several MD'ers working that beach. Again the water was too rough for me so I just hunted the dry sand and tried to stay out of the other MD'ers way. I did wave at one and stopped to "chat" with another. He said he wasn't doing so well either but did manage a couple of quarters

Third beach was a new one for me. This one is another very small beach and there were big rocks in the water which I tripped over more than once. I could see the rocks and tried to be careful but it was the ones I didn't see that managed to trip me up. The water was not so rough there so I did get in the water but only up to my knees. I didn't like that beach much. LOTS of pulltabs at that beach!

MoneynJunk052909.jpg

keynjewel052909.jpg

My total for today was 93 cents in clad, a toy car, a key and lots of junk. For hitting 3 beaches you would think I would do better than I did but - oh well. Smile! There's always tomorrow. ;D

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Mumzsie,

Actually, in my humble opinion, just getting out there and hitting 3 beaches is doing "better" ... of course the finds will come ... they are just on their own schedule :dontknow: .

I love :hello2: the days when I can do 2 of my favorite beaches near home, usually I just do the 1.

I'm finding my finds being kinda meager too...but the sun and the fresh air and the exercise ... gotta love it. And when you do see that golden sparkle in your scoop ... well ... :icon_sunny:

HH Joe

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got out today....I'm stuck in an office in the rain >:(

Hopefully your next hunt will be a little bit better.

The important thing is to have fun.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Capt., at least you got out. That makes it a great day!!!! I've been stuck here getting ahead on a couple of projects so I can head over to Orlando next weekend to the TH'er cookout Aquanut is throwing. If anyone in this forum is going be sure to let him know. You can check it out in the "Shipwrecks" forum under "Spanish Galleons".

Deepsix

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Maybe if you just stayed at one beach and hunted it harder, you might have gotten a whole dollar. :laughing9: Just kidding Mumszie, had to raz ya. I got out, took me an hour to get there, and ten minutes later my detector shaft snapped in half..... cute butterfly.

minelabdan

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2009
WOW, I see you have some of those California Nickles in the upper right part of your pic, I get a bunch of those too but are difficult to get into the 'Coin Star' machine.

HH, DAN

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
minelabdan said:
WOW, I see you have some of those California Nickles in the upper right part of your pic, I get a bunch of those too but are difficult to get into the 'Coin Star' machine.

HH, DAN

California nickles.... I like that! LOL

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
finderzzs said:
Maybe if you just stayed at one beach and hunted it harder, you might have gotten a whole dollar. :laughing9: Just kidding Mumszie, had to raz ya. I got out, took me an hour to get there, and ten minutes later my detector shaft snapped in half..... cute butterfly.

You're right and I'll take the razzing. I have been told many times that I wander around too much! **sigh**

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread