3 boxes of dimes and my first merc!

miniman

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2011
So I'm 14 and i can't do much volume compared to most people. I have $350 to spare and I only seem to get dime and an occasional penny box. So this week I went through 3 dime boxes and these were the results:
Box 1: 2 silver Roosevelt's, 1957 D and 1964 D
Box 2: 2 silver Roosevelt's, 1950 D (ender) and 1964 D
Box 3: 1 silver Roosevelt: 1964 D, 1 Silver Canadian: 1961, and 1 Mercury Dime: 1936 P!!!!
Overall very good for me, and I have a box of pennies waiting. Hopefully it will be as good as my first box which had 70 wheat's! I can already see the first wheat through the back of the box!
Thanks, HH

Upvote 0

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea man!!! :headbang: represent 14 year old kids!!! :laughing7: seriously tho, 70 WHEATS IN ONE BOX!!!!! thats incredible! :notworthy: :o way to represent! :headbang:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! I was exactly your age when I started CRHing... Wish I woulda saved the silver I found back then... I actually rerolled alot of 40% halves and sold them back to the bank, cuz I couldn't get a dealer to buy them! Man, I wish I still had those. Good luck to you. I would suggest you keep turning over the dimes til you get enough silver to sell & get up to $500... then start buying half boxes! You can get 2 banks to order for you... get 1 box early in the week and another at end of week... turn over your $500 to get 2 boxes/week. That's where the hobby really gets fun! If you enjoy looking through the pennies/nickels/dimes, take out a little cash from your newly acquired silver halves and buy some of those too.

Good luck man!

HH
BB

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! I was exactly your age when I started CRHing... Wish I woulda saved the silver I found back then... I actually rerolled alot of 40% halves and sold them back to the bank, cuz I couldn't get a dealer to buy them! Man, I wish I still had those. Good luck to you. I would suggest you keep turning over the dimes til you get enough silver to sell & get up to $500... then start buying half boxes! You can get 2 banks to order for you... get 1 box early in the week and another at end of week... turn over your $500 to get 2 boxes/week. That's where the hobby really gets fun! If you enjoy looking through the pennies/nickels/dimes, take out a little cash from your newly acquired silver halves and buy some of those too.

Good luck man!

HH
BB

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your doing great miniman, just keep at it :thumbsup:

HH...Miner

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
You and I are very much alike. I too am 14 and I too have a similar amount of money which I can spare for coin roll hunting. Nice finds. With school I find I can usually only make it to the bank on weekends.

999digger

Aug 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Those are some impressive results. I am sixteen. The only time I can make it to the banks is on the weekends too while school is going on. Have you tried nickels? They are my favorite coin to search. They are always staedy with finds.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread