3 D metal detecting equipment

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you, had the opportunity to put this technology to use, would you recommend it, and what was your outcome and determination, appreciate the input, I notice YouTube obviously had different equipment from Germany etc, I was fascinated by the ankle bracelet video by United international group. Ok what’s your experience and opinions, thankyou

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have not used it personally, but feel that it's nothing but advertising "Madison Ave." at its finest. They can make any item look like the "best mouse trap". And any time you see those "shape-showing" 3D machines advertised, it's easy to walk away with the impression that you're going to have some sort of shape-showing ability. Eg.: that magically shows the shape of jars, boxes, treasure-chests, etc...

But the truth is: Those have only a pixel size of ... at best ... 1" across. So instead of seeing a magical TV image of a coin, or treasure box, or horse-shoe, etc..., all you see is a messy-blotch of pixels. Nothing that the beeps and tones of your metal detector didn't already tell you (ie.: that there's metal there, and it's approx such & such size).

The only purpose for those machines is perhaps anomalies like tracing out house foundations. Or finding outhouse pits, etc....

If it's caches (large items) that you're after, you're probably just as well off with a TM 808.

JMHO

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no such thing as a 3D metal detector. The data display on some detectors show multiple plots in an interesting fashion that somewhat resemble a dimensional object but it's just an illusion. That same data could be made to look like a cat or your mother's face. As Tom hinted - it's all advertising hype.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I did see a picture of a 3D field stand for a Detector once...It looked nice.

Kace

lumusislight

Greenie
Aug 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you, had the opportunity to put this technology to use, would you recommend it, and what was your outcome and determination, appreciate the input, I notice YouTube obviously had different equipment from Germany etc, I was fascinated by the ankle bracelet video by writemyessay review United international group. Ok what’s your experience and opinions, thankyou

I've just seen the ad of the Deephunter Pro Package 3D metal detector (Groundscanner Professional) and it looks awesome. But for the price... Found it on kooistra-detectors too, but no actual reviews. Has anyone tried it?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... and it looks awesome. ....

Sure. They will all "look awesome". It will be easy to walk away from the glossy ad, to think you're going to be looking at magical TV images of treasure chests (complete with hinges), jars, etc.....

Re-read this post @ #2 and #3 inputs.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I still think we are years away from the reality/results of this type of machine matching up with the intent. The GPR machines that cost numerous times more than these still provide mixed bag results. Let's you know there 'may' be an anomaly, but that's about as good as it gets. That's my experience using them in the archaeological field. Let me rephrase, that's my experience having an expert using those types of equipment at our archaeological sites.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I am using currently (a 3-D Metal Detector).

I pass the coil over the mostly two-dimensional surface and it will indicate if conductive material is present in the conical field down (or above) into the dimension of "depth" that includes the soil beneath the surface.

Magic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread